Thread: Windows Vista Downgrade to windows XP Pro on Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946

Windows Vista Downgrade to windows XP Pro on Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946

I buy this Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946 laptop in two month before. By default it contains windows vista OS but due to few internal problem I have decided to downgrade this laptop from vista to xp pro. After finishing this downgrade process, everything working well on this laptop, but still power management features is being gives certain problem onto it. is this happen due to downgrade task or something else? Please help me. I’m waiting your valuable reply. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Vista Downgrade to windows XP Pro on Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946

Downgrading to Windows XP, doesn't make sense with the up and coming release of Windows 7. If you have any problem with the current version of the windows vista, then you can also install windows 7 onto this laptop system. But anyway, first of all you need to test that should this laptop work well to wifi facility turn on and off very well or not. If it gives any problem, I think there should be necessary to perform the specific process onto it. try to first check this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    Downgrading to Windows XP, doesn't make sense with the up and coming release of Windows 7. If you have any problem with the current version of the windows vista, then you can also install windows 7 onto this laptop system. But anyway, first of all you need to test that should this laptop work well to wifi facility turn on and off very well or not. If it gives any problem, I think there should be necessary to perform the specific process onto it. try to first check this problem.
    I didn’t install windows 7 on this laptop and the main reason behind this is I am comfortable with the windows XP and windows 7 totally new for me. I have just buy this laptop and now I have little know few concept of this widows based system. Hence I avoid this windows 7 installation task.

I check this issue as per you mentioned. I found that the problem this laptop system also gives such wifi networking problem. Can you help me to fix this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by !Saral! View Post
    I didn’t install windows 7 on this laptop and the main reason behind this is I am comfortable with the windows XP and windows 7 totally new for me. I have just buy this laptop and now I have little know few concept of this widows based system. Hence I avoid this windows 7 installation task.

I check this issue as per you mentioned. I found that the problem this laptop system also gives such wifi networking problem. Can you help me to fix this issue?
    Follow below process to fix this power management issue.
    In that you need to first turn off laptop by holding power button.
    Then take away power adapter from your laptop.
    Take out battery from this laptop.
    Again connect battery and power connector after 30 seconds and pressed power button.
    Thant’s it.
    These processes fix your power management problem.

For fixing the wifi problem you need to install Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver for Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946. This will be help to you for solving your complicated problem. Hence try this and check what result arrives onto it.

This is the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver. It helps to Change Points Fixed with the SATA device hot plug ports with SATA link power management. Hence try this port changing by using the installation of the driver process. This will be help to you for fixing your problem. you can also use the Conexant Modem On Hold Driver Software. It will be does the process as simple as possible.

For solving the wifi connectivity problem, you need to test the configuration of the router first. I think the router is not configured properly and hence it is getting stuck. This will be necessary to fix your complicated problem. Hence try this and check what result arrives onto your laptop system. Toshiba satellite laptop only supports WPA encryption and not WPE 128 encryption. Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) is a weak security algorithm for IEEE 802.11 wireless networks. This will be work on Toshiba laptop. Hence you need to also check this setting onto your laptop system. This will be necessary for fixing the wifi problem.

I am also having the same issue with my Toshiba laptop. Then I simply reinstall wifi card onto my laptop system. This will be gives me solution. I also do this windows xp installation task on it. This will be work positively onto my laptop system. Hence there is no such downgrade issue arrives on this laptop system. I don’t think that the power management stuff or wifi issue is related to this downgrade task.

With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for half-a-minute. This process will be work to reset all the setting of the bios in default state. Then use this simple process and check that it gives some positive impact on your laptop system or not. Soft reset also helps to do this same type reset setting task. Hence you can use this facility and check what result arrives on your laptop system.

For more information you can contact the official site expert person. They help to you regarding this issue. Hence try this thing and check what result arrives onto your laptop system. Also the manual of your laptop provide relevant information to fix this trouble. For solving this issue you can use this manual and check what result arrives onto your laptop system.