Thread: iphone 4 lost everything after updating to iOS 5

iphone 4 lost everything after updating to iOS 5

HI, I am having Iphone 4 and in which I have currently installed ios5 but after that I have lost everything and the worst thing is like i Cannot restore from backup as well.

This is the message I get when I plug it in "iTunes was interrupted while restoring the contents of the iPhone “Gayla's iPhone”. Would you like to restore this iPhone again now?" So I click "Continue Restore" Then I get this "An error occurred while restoring this iPhone (-50)".

Each time I get different error while restoring from the backup, and I am not getting any possible solution for the same. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: iphone 4 lost everything after updating to iOS 5

see I think firmware update to your iphone is not done perfectly and that’s why you must he having this kind of problem with the phone thus it would be better if you get the phone firmware reset, because after doing that it will at least remove all incorrect cache from the mobile and you’ll get the factory reset data and next you can try to restore from backup as well.

But while doing this as well, make sure you have made backup first, though you might be thinking as the previous backup is not working then how this is going to work but still you should try to do that for once at least.

I don’t think you’ll get any sort of solution for the same because the thing is like the firmware you have installed might be wholly damaged. But anyways as you have mentioned like the itunes is giving you and error as the data couldn’t be restored then I would say there might be some problem with the iTunes software that you are using in your mobile. Thus it would be better if you reinstall that software first to your machine and see whether you are able to restore the data from your phone or not, and if you are able to do that so its quite good and you don’t have to distort more regarding the same.

completely agree with the above user as you should try to do that first but if you are getting the same problem over here then you can have option to reinstall the whole firmware again in your mobile and then see what happens, and it would be better according to me to keep the original software came along with the mobile because as far as I know the one that you have installed is actually intended for iPhone 4s and not for any other older phones.

No doubt you’ll be able to install it in your mobile but after that you’ll get such errors rather issue with the phone, and this fact doesn’t make any sense.

you can have another option as well to visit the authorized apple support center and let their people get solution for your mobile, it might be possible that you may get the previous rather older firmware to your phone as this could be the only solution for your problem.