Thread: Facing very Slow Internet after upgrading iPhone 4 to iOS 5

Facing very Slow Internet after upgrading iPhone 4 to iOS 5

I have recently upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and after that I am facing very slow internet even though it is showing all the bars I don’t know what happened to it after I have upgraded it. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Facing very Slow Internet after upgrading iPhone 4 to iOS 5

I have recently upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and after that I am facing very slow internet even though it is showing all the bars I don’t know what happened to it after I have upgraded it. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Even I was facing the same problem before but then I was able to solve it by a double hard reset and in order to do so you just have to Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously and after that the screen will go black and after you get the apple logo, release the buttons and then check if you are having the same problem again. I think that this solution should work for you because it has worked for me for the same problem.

I have the same problem and I have found that it has surely occurred after a update and I have found that the 3g is not working well where as the wifi is just fine but then I am not able to get websites or load any email attachment as well as the signal is not so strong but the 3g is jus unusable. I have by now tried the hard reset and soft reset and now I have also tried the double reset after your suggestion but then I don’t think that any of them is working out as the problem remains the same but just after the double hard reset I had experienced that the 3g was working fine for some minutes but then after some minutes the problem was still the same.

I am just hating this because even though I am having 4 and 5 bars in my phone I am not able to load a page properly I don’t know what’s the matter I really don’t understand that how come it is showing 4 to 5 bars when it is just not able to load a single page on time the reception and transmission are really low. I have found that sometimes it just take 3 to 4 minutes to open a single page and if you think about using YouTube and other social networking app then I think that to watch a video it will take hours. It is really giving a horrible speed. I have tried to do a hard reset, double hard reset and I have also tried the other possible solution that I could have tried but unfortunately none of them is working.

I am having the exact problem and by now I have tried all of the following but none of them is helping me out:
    • Hard reset, soft reset.
    • Double hard reset.
    • Cleared everything in the safari.
    • Reinstalled the os.

Is there any other solution that I can try after all this?

I will suggest you to follow the below solution:
    • Install a Speedtest.net and then run a test.
    • After the test you will get to see your upload and download speed over 3G.
    • Note down it and then try out some other browser and then try to check which one is giving you better speed.

If that does not work then I will suggest you to reset the Network settings and in order to do this go in to Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings and see if it works or not.

Here is what I have tried by now:
    • Deleted the unused apps
    • Hard Reset
    • Double Hard Reset
    • Clear Safari Cookies, history and cache
    • Reset Network settings

Ran a speed test thrice and got the following:
    • 0.00 Download 0.66 Upload
    • 2.8 Download 0.6 upload
    • 1.4 Download 0.00 Upload

Even though I am getting this different speed at the end I am left out with the same problem.