Thread: Mail app keep crashing after iOS5 update

Mail app keep crashing after iOS5 update

I have recently upgraded my iphone 4 to ios5 and everything is working fine but the only problem that I am facing is that the mail app that I am having is just keeps on in the starting it used to crash often but them now a days it just keep on crashing very now and then and I really don’t know what to do I have tried to reinstall the app and I have also tried to reinstall the ios as well but I am facing the same problem later. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Mail app keep crashing after iOS5 update

I have recently upgraded my iphone 4 to ios5 and everything is working fine but the only problem that I am facing is that the mail app that I am having is just keeps on in the starting it used to crash often but them now a days it just keep on crashing very now and then and I really don’t know what to do I have tried to reinstall the app and I have also tried to reinstall the ios as well but I am facing the same problem later. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Even I have been facing the same problem even though I have got a new iphone 4S.I was just trying to compose a long email but then it kept crashing all the times and I has to write it every time as it was crashing in the middle of the composing and it really hurts when everything that you have written just gets washed in a some seconds. I have to start the app again and I have to type it again for small emails I was able to compose it as well as send it but for longer emails it used to crash in between. I have also tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app and ios as well but the problem is still the same?

I am having the same kind of problem but not exactly the same I mean my mail app keeps crashing but it does not crash on its own and it also does not crash when I am composing the message. It crashes when I click on the send button, whenever I try to write a email everything appears to work fine but as soon as I tap on the send button then the mail crashes no matter the email is long or short and because of this I am just not able to send a single email form the phone even though I am able to compose it without any problem in between. I don’t know what is this problem all about I have tried to reinstall the app a no of times but then it acts the same. Has anyone found a solution for this by now?

I have been facing the same problem before but then I was able to solve it by deleting and then adding the mail account again and then the problem was solved I don’t know if it is a perfect solution for it but then I was able to solve it by the same method and in order to do so just Go in to the Setting and then go in to the 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars' and then click on the account and then in the account settings just go to the bottom and then delete the account either delete it one at a time or delete all the accounts at once. I will also like to inform you that of you have an iCloud account then you can get a choice to merge as well while you add the account and if you want to sync via iTunes then you can try out that as well and it is better to keep a fresh backup or the current backup of all the information in your phone and after adding your account you should not face the crashing problem again. Just check it out and then let me know if it works then well and good and if no then I will try to help you with other solutions but first try this out.

I have been facing the same problem before but then I was able to solve it by deleting and then adding the mail account again and then the problem was solved I don’t know if it is a perfect solution for it but then I was able to solve it by the same method and in order to do so just Go in to the Setting and then go in to the 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars' and then click on the account and then in the account settings just go to the bottom and then delete the account either delete it one at a time or delete all the accounts at once. I will also like to inform you that of you have an iCloud account then you can get a choice to merge as well while you add the account and if you want to sync via iTunes then you can try out that as well and it is better to keep a fresh backup or the current backup of all the information in your phone and after adding your account you should not face the crashing problem again. Just check it out and then let me know if it works then well and good and if no then I will try to help you with other solutions but first try this out.

Yes deleting the mail account and then adding it again might just work because I have found this solution to be claimed helpful in a no of forum but I have not tried it out as I am not facing any problem with the iphone 4 and it might be because I have not yet upgraded to the ios5 but I also wanted to inform you that after deleting the mail accounts the outgoing server settings do not get deleted so if you are having a icloud account then you can just add it and then go to the alternate outgoing servers and then delete it if you find it and then add your email account and then you will not face any further problem. Hope that helps.

I think that this problem is due to some kind of incompatibility because even I was facing the same problem and I was trying to solve it out by reinstalling the app again and again and by changing the settings but then none of them was helping me out and lastly I went to the apple store as it was not that far away from my office and then they did a complete software restore and after that when I tried to sync my e-mail settings then it started with the same problem so I showed them the same and after some different solutions they gave me a replacement and then I was just happy to get a new one but when I tried to sync my e-mail settings with it then also I was getting the same error so I think that there is some serious issue with the os. For now I am using the iPad which I have upgraded to iOS 5 and I have configured it in the same way and it is working fine and I am not having any problem with it but I just wish that my iphone 4s could work like it with some solution.

I am facing the same problem with my iPad as well as the iPhone after upgrading them to the ios5 and after doing a lot of test I have found that the mail app appears to be crashing while accessing a POP3 mailbox. I will like to share that I am having my iCloud, Gmail and other POP mailboxes on mi iphone but after disabling the POP accounts I have stopped facing the carshes, my iPad is having only a single POP3 account so I was not using it for mail but when I added another account to it then even it started crashing. By now I have tried resets, reboots and I have also tried to change the settings and have also deleted the mailbox and then cleared everything thinking that this problem might be because of some message that might have got corrupted but even it did not helped.

I think that I am having the worst case I just can’t use the mail app because it just crashes after it gets launched I don’t know what to do in order to solve it. I have tried almost all the solutions that I could have tried and I have also tried the solution that is specified here but I don’t think that any of them is helping. I doubt if there is a solution to solve it out know.