Thread: My iPhone 4S WiFi Connection keeps on dropping

My iPhone 4S WiFi Connection keeps on dropping

I have recently bought a iphone 4s it has just been a week by now and it was working fine now but the problem that I have started facing is that the phone is losing the wifi connection every now and then but I don’t have any problem when I use the 3g for synchronizing applications and also downloading stuffs that I need but I don’t know why it is not working well with my home network. I have experienced that the phone is some time able to get proper connection at one specified location in my house but not in the other locations where my old iPhone 3G was working well. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well?

Re: My iPhone 4S WiFi Connection keeps on dropping

Before I suggest you anything I want to answer the following details so I can understand you problem better:

• Which router you are using?
    • Security that you are using?

Before I suggest you anything I want to answer the following details so I can understand you problem better:
    Which router you are using?
    Security that you are using?

I don’t think that there is any kind of problem with the security and the router that I am using because I have checked that my plod iphone 3g is working fine with the same settings and connection and it is also catching better signals as compared to the iphone 4S.I also have a mac and even it is working well with my home network without any such issues.
    • Time Capsule dual band (802.11a/b/g/n) for router
    • WPA security

Even I am having the same kind of problem but not exactly the same actually I have both iphone 4 and iphone 4S and unfortunately they both are not working well with my home network and the problem is that they show that they are well connected to the wifi but then when I use the internet then they just won’t open any page. I have already tried to reset the router a no of times but then the problem is still the same and I have also found that there is no possible problem with the home network because one of my friend is also having Iphone 4 and the wifi is just working perfect for him and it is just not working well with my phone and this really makes me think that there is some problem with my phones but I really don’t know what. Is there anyone who has a solution to solve it out?

Even my new iphone 4S is dropping the wifi connection with my home network and even I don’t find anything wrong with the home network because my brother is having a iphone 3g and it is just working great with the same network I don’t know why it is appearing as some kind of hardware problem to me but I am really not sure about it. I have found that sometimes it just get all the bars in it and sometimes it does not even catches one and it really irritates me when I am downloading or browsing something using the wifi. I have been looking for a solution for the same thing in a no of forum but what I have found by now is more and more people with the same problem. I think that I will have to go for the replacement but I still that it will work till then I really hope that someone come up with a solution for it.

I really think that this is some kind of hardware problem in the phone itself because I have got a iPhone 4s and I am having the same problem with the AT&T voice and 3G connection as well as with the wifi. I have been facing horrible dropping of the signals I mean that for some time it gets 3 and then suddenly drops to none and then keeps searching for the connection and then it does not connects at all and I have been facing the same problem every now and then even. Have also tried to stay close to the router but then the same problem exist. I have tried to reset the phone and I have also tried to reset the router for several times but then nothing seems to have been helping. I just hope that this could be some kind of software issue and can be solved with some solution because I really don’t want to run for replacement. I have also tried to connect my phone to my friend home network thinking that there might be some difference and in the starting I got all the 4 bars but then after sometime it suddenly dropped at none and it then started with the same process of searching the network.

I really think that this is some kind of hardware problem in the phone itself because I have got a iPhone 4s and I am having the same problem with the AT&T voice and 3G connection as well as with the wifi. I have been facing horrible dropping of the signals I mean that for some time it gets 3 and then suddenly drops to none and then keeps searching for the connection and then it does not connects at all and I have been facing the same problem every now and then even. Have also tried to stay close to the router but then the same problem exist. I have tried to reset the phone and I have also tried to reset the router for several times but then nothing seems to have been helping. I just hope that this could be some kind of software issue and can be solved with some solution because I really don’t want to run for replacement. I have also tried to connect my phone to my friend home network thinking that there might be some difference and in the starting I got all the 4 bars but then after sometime it suddenly dropped at none and it then started with the same process of searching the network.

Yes I think that we will have to go for a replacement because I really don’t have any patience to deal with this kind of problem every day. I have by now tried a no of solution to solve it out and has also visited a no of forum to get any working solution for it but then I have just found people saying that reset the phone, Reset the router and make sure that there is not much difference between the phone and the router and also check that there is no other device that is using the connection as well but even though I have checked everything the problem is still the same. I really wish that the replacement will solve this out.

Even I am very disappointed with iphone 4S because I thought that it will work better than the iphone 3G but then I have experienced less problem like this with the iphone 3g as compared to the iphone 4s and even I doubt that the replacement will work out but then I don’t have any other option as well.

I have been facing the same problem with the iphone 4S but then I have found that when I set the connection manually then it works fine for some hours without any problem but then it is not able to auto connect and even if it does than the connection keeps on dropping as you all have specified so if you want you all can try out the same to set it manually and check if it is making any difference.

I have checked it setting the connection manually but then I don’t think that it is making any difference and I am also facing some other problems as well. I have found that the screen has turned yellow as compared to that of the phone 4 and the battery is also draining faster and I don’t know why the photo app keeps transferring photos to the albums that I have created. I have tried to check it out but then I was not able to find a cause for it so later I just deleted the albums that I had created. I am really regretting on my decision of switching to 4s I had much better experience with the iphone 4 itself.

I have been facing the same problem with the iphone 4S but then I have found that when I set the connection manually then it works fine for some hours without any problem but then it is not able to auto connect and even if it does than the connection keeps on dropping as you all have specified so if you want you all can try out the same to set it manually and check if it is making any difference
    Yes even I have tried connecting it manually and it gets connected to my home network but does not work for long. I have been using 3GS and 4 on this network previously but then now I had never faced such problems before until I have upgraded to the ios 5.I have also notived that whenever I try to open the phone back up then it asks me whether I want to join my guest wifi network but I don’t know that why it does not ask me to join the network to which I have set my phone.