Thread: Unable to install gingerbread (android 2.3) in Samsung galaxy indulge

Unable to install gingerbread (android 2.3) in Samsung galaxy indulge

Hi, I am having Samsung galaxy indulge and the awful thing about the mobile is like it is still running froyo OS and that’s why I was about to install the latest operating system in the mobile that’s the android 2.3 gingerbread in the mobile but still when I was doing the same thing I was having problem with the device, any idea what could be the problem ?

First of all please let me know this as well whether the firmware version I have mentioned is available or not for the mobile, actually I though the phone would be even capable of comprising the ICS update as well, but after having I came to know that there is problem with the 2.3 even thus ICS is quite far for this device. poor phone really. Anyways any suggestion regarding the same would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to install gingerbread (android 2.3) in Samsung galaxy indulge

when I was searching about the same I came to know that the device don’t support the version you have mentioned but this is the thing which making me wonder as the phone you have mentioned 1GHz processor but still not compatible with the operating system you have mentioned.

which way you were trying to update the firmware by the way? I hope you must be aware as you can do the same thing with the help of either OTA update or with the help of PC.

And I have seen the same problem many time with many users who had tried to update the firmware through the OTA update, thus if you have also done the same thing that I would like to recommend you that you should try to update it again through the PC,. Because when we updated he phone through the OTA it will only update some of the settings to the phone and I personally believe that there is not any changes are made in the existing software, rather when we update the firmware through the PC it just got whole software again in the mobile.

you should try to contact the customer support for the same and see what they are saying about the same, because from there only you’ll get precise information about the product as whether it supports the higher version OS or not.

I have suggested the same thing repeatedly as if you are not aware about the updating process then you should try to approach the service center for the same. Because see if the device is newer so obviously you must be having warranty period remaining for the device and if so then why to do this all on our own rather we can have option to visit the service center for the same and let those people do this for us, and no doubt the service will be free for sure. And as the extent to I know your device supports this 2.3 version of android thus you should try to visit the service center and update the firmware from there only.