Thread: TV out setting is missing in iOS 5

TV out setting is missing in iOS 5

I work at night. I owe an iPhone 3G S. I connect my iPhone to my portable TV and movies and YouTube videos to pass the time. Well, up until iOS 5 that is. I did the upgrade such as every thinking individual else. Dawdled with the brand new offers and even joined iCloud. At the same time when there came chance to view a movie, through YouTube or Photos or the brand new Video application, nothing happened. It wouldn't play on my TV. I headed off to the settings and found the TV out setting absent. Is there a way I would be able to about-face to iOS 4.x? And then where do I head over to let Apple know my disappointment?

Re: TV out setting is missing in iOS 5

When the ios5 upgrade to my iPhone 4, I could not find to identify the TV out settings, but the Netflix application still goes with my HDMI cable. I'll attempt youtube an additional chance to see provided that it works.

There are no settings but the cable is working again. It could be that its old not always connecting right. I could just see a presentation that read something similar to "this product is not supported by this iPhone click ok to dismiss". I haven't seen that display on account of iOS 5. I run over to the settings and recognized that the TV Out setting had disappeared. The Iphone 3GS is not good with the HDMI or VGA cables. The HDMI cable moreover permits reflecting which I am not equipped to do on the 3G S. Thus, there is no netflix for me just yet unless I feel the need to view on a small screen or an another device.

I received the message to about part cable not being upgraded for my iPhone 4 before ios5 redesign, subsequent to upgrade I don't get msg. Besides, I don't get any film from iPhone 4 to TV through part cable but do get sound. I am thoroughly frustrated at this point

That would be what happened. I wound up attempting it a few more times and got it to work. It still takes me some attempts but it completes at long last deal with my 3G S. it appears not the sum total of the connectors was joining. Once I even got it to work but the color was off. I delicately touched it and it run over to normal.

I even attempted it on an additional TV today. There is still audio, I am beginning to doubt that it is my iPhone.

I actually got a unique Composite AV Cable (Apple mark) in the mail today and connected it to the TV showcase in my van with my iPad 2 as a motion picture cause to test it out. The sound works fine, as anticipated; but the film was scrolling similar to the vsync was off. I connected to my loved one's Gen4 iPod Touch, and it worked fine. I believe that my iPad is situated to PAL as a substitute for NTSC, but after iOS5 evacuated the ability to update the yield settings, I cannot make the change.

Go to Settings > General > TV Out > TV Signal and you would be able to select from PAL or NTSC.

I moreover have this issue with my iPad 2. I have attempted it on some iPad 2's, but just get sound yield (clear sound, at that). The Apple Composite AV Cable (Model: A1258) utilized to work fine on my old first-gen iPad with iOS 5 beta. It worked fine until I updated to IOs5 I now just get volume and no picture. The TV Out alternative is just ready on the iPad (with cable connected to) but not the iPhone?

I've reached the inference that this is a bug that was presented in the iOS 5 GM. I have attempted it on 4 contrasting iPad 2's, and an iPhone 4S, and the same thing happens. Wow well – we'll need to sit tight till iOS 5.0.1It works. I found the choice following connecting to the cable and found that it was as a matter of fact outputting as PAL as a substitute for NTSC. Setting the alternative to the fixed setting altered the showcase issue. I am able to now demonstrate movies from my iPad onto a TV.

My iPod touch gen3 has the option when the cable is connected to. I'd transfer a image or video but appears I lack the capacity to from my Touch.