Thread: How can I overclock LG Thrill 4G?

How can I overclock LG Thrill 4G?

I have recently purchased LG Thrill 4G. I having particular query regarding this phone. Can we overclock the kernel? If it is possible how can I do the same? If it is not possible than tell me why it is not possible to do? Let me know the speculation of yours on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How can I overclock LG Thrill 4G?

In this particular situation I wanted to tell you that you should go for Undervolt. I don’t think so you will require to squeeze the performance or battery life. Once you have updated the phone of yours than overclocking will be good option for you. Overclocking the kernel will simply make the complain about the battery life of the device.

I also recommend that you should go for Undervolt. To doing the same I wanted to tell you that you should use SetCPU. This particular tool is suitable for the modifying the CPU settings. This particular application will be helpful to set up the powerful profiles so that you will be able to change the CPU under the specific condition. Especially in the situation when the device of yours is charging or sleeping. Also the battery level of the phone is dropping down to specific level or in specific situation when the temperature of the CPU is getting higher. So you should the above mentioned application and see whether it was useful to you.

Who told you to do undervolt the phone? Well I let you know that you will not be able undervolt the phone. You have to wait until and unless someone can make custom OC or UV or both the kind of the kernel for this particular phone. I think only custom kernel will help you out to get the requirement of yours.

Well I have come to know about that developer are also waiting for the GB to simply get rolled out on this particular device before you are supposed to messing with overlcocking and UV kernel. Once the developer has rolled out you are supposed to redo and remake the new kernel for the phone of yours. this particular phone is supposed to using dual core and dual channel ram which are alternating between. Roms as well as Kernel are currently out of the moment they are supposed to be the latest release of the froyo which has been LG has been put out. There will be some modification and debranding as well as removal of the some of the apps. I don’t think so they have not done major re-programming done with the same.

As far as I know the kernel source is available for this particular phone. If someone has taken sometimes to add the ability for the overclocking which can be done. I don’t think so it will be an easy stuff to do the overclocking. CPU tables are quite clear for the architecture. So far I have not found anything which will help me out to get the requirement of mine. Well I am concentrating on the porting of the GB.

I let you know that I am waiting for the gingerbread. The kernel will not change because there is no gingerbread kernel. But still I am not having idea whether it is compatible with ICS. If you are any doubt then simply ask the technical support team to get further assistance.