Thread: Skype video support on LG Thrill 4G

Skype video support on LG Thrill 4G

from past couple of days I am having LG Thrill 4G. I wanted to know whether I will get the skype video support on this particular phone. If so than tell me how can I get the same? Let me know if you are having any idea on this particular matter then feel free to comment over here. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Skype video support on LG Thrill 4G

The very first thing which I wanted to tell you over here is that you should get the 10K firmware for the phone which you are using currently. Once you have installed the same you should install Skpe on the mobile phone and then you should enable the video.

If you wanted to install the firmware on the phone of yours.
    1. First of all you should root the phone of yours.
    2. Now flash Clockwork Mod recovery.
    3. You have to download the new 10K Firmware flashable zip and put the same on the root of the SD card.
    4. You have to boot into the CWM recovery by pressing power+3D+volume down.
    5. Finally you have to create a back up.
    6. After that you should wipe data, cache, dalvik and make an attempt to install firmware zip.
    7. Finally you have to restart the phone of yours.

Well we are aware of the thing that is LG Optimus 3D is having front camera support. I am not able to find out the reason why the manufacturer of the phone has not provided the same into Thrill. I think there will be build.prop tweak to make the thing working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaruchandra View Post
    Well we are aware of the thing that is LG Optimus 3D is having front camera support. I am not able to find out the reason why the manufacturer of the phone has not provided the same into Thrill. I think there will be build.prop tweak to make the thing working for you.
    I have searched a lot on the google to get the idea of the thing which you have stated over here. After doing lots of research work on this particular matter I have found that this particular phone is not having the API until and unless there will be Gingerbread update which are supposed to coming out nearby future. The LG Optimus 3D is having the front camera support since it is already running with the GingerBread update.

Hey thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours over here in this particular thread. I have come to know the entire thing which you have stated over here and I am really satisfied with the responses which you have provided over here. I wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to help me out.