Thread: How to change the Boot animation in LG Thrill 4G

How to change the Boot animation in LG Thrill 4G

Got this great phone and really very much pleased with the phone and its performance but I have one question thought now I have found this great boot animation that is very nice on look and I like to replace it with the current boot animation on my LG Thrill 4G so should I go to the system/media and replace the Bootanimation.zip with the one I have and desire to have or replaced is it possible although it is a cwm zip it’s a zip file from the atrix can anyone here help me on this issue I would really appreciating to get this thing worked I would be really glad does anyone here already done this can guide me trough it would be nice to know thanks

Re: How to change the Boot animation in LG Thrill 4G

Welcome to the forum Yeah of course you can do that just don’t forget to take the back up of the old file that is your current animation

Well I would not prefers to take the back up as that would be completely lame just kidding don’t worry he is right on with what you are doing. Backing it up is for all time a great idea. Save early on, save regularly, save to several locations.

Hey guys thanks for the reply I appreciate that but can you explain how can I rename or replace the bootanimation.zip while it keep showing the error that it is a read only file and can't be renamed?

You can use this great app that is Root Explorer that will definitely help you on this cause works great for all this kind of stuff and also And take care you mount it as R/W up in the upper area and not R/O or You can as well use ES File Explorer if you wish for to go the free route that will also help you on this issue hope this will work for you just tell me if anything goes wrong I will happy to help you