Thread: Need assistance on T-Mobile APN settings for LG Thrill 4G which is stock unlock

Need assistance on T-Mobile APN settings for LG Thrill 4G which is stock unlock

Hi guys

I bought this wonderful phone I have LG Thrill 4G which is actually stock unlock with T-Mobile SIM now the problem is that I am unable to get the correct APN settings for the phone I even tried to call the T-Mobile people but I am unable to get any result so I thought the give it a try here I would be really glad if anyone here can help me out on this issue I am trying to get this sorted out

Thanks for help on advance

Re: Need assistance on T-Mobile APN settings for LG Thrill 4G which is stock unlock

Hey can you tell me do yoru LG Thrill 4G has the T-Mobile’s bands like From PDAdb: Cellular:Networks:
    • GSM850
    • GSM900
    • GSM1800
    • GSM1900
    • UMTS850
    • UMTS1900
    • UMTS2100

Because UMTS 850 as well as 1900 are for AT&T, so T-mobile use 2100 If that is not the case then I am afraid my friend you're out of luck

Re: Need assistance on T-Mobile APN settings for LG Thrill 4G which is stock unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    Hey can you tell me do yoru LG Thrill 4G has the T-Mobile’s bands like From PDAdb: Cellular:Networks:
    • GSM850
    • GSM900
    • GSM1800
    • GSM1900
    • UMTS850
    • UMTS1900
    • UMTS2100

Because UMTS 850 as well as 1900 are for AT&T, so T-mobile use 2100 If that is not the case then I am afraid my friend you're out of luck
    Well that ok all I need is proper APN settings anything else don’t matter to me it will be fine if I get 2G EDGE speed but I only need is APN settings

Hey guys I also need help here I am going use my LG Thrill 4G out of US for different carrier, anybody who can help, ONLY how to unlock while get root right I would be really appreciating that

Here is the setting
    Code:
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: none
    Password: ****
    Server: *
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC:260
    Authentication Type: Not set
    APN Type: not set

OR

Code:
    Name: T-Mobile US
    Proxy: Don’t enter anything 
    Port: Don’t enter anything 
    Username: Don’t enter anything 
    Password: Don’t enter anything 
    Server: Don’t enter anything 
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: Don’t enter anything 
    MMS Port: Don’t enter anything 
    MNC: 260
    APN Type: Don’t enter anything

Code:
    Name: T-Mobile US
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    Port: 8080
    Username: Don’t enter anything 
    Password: Don’t enter anything 
    Server: Don’t enter anything 
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.english.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 261.155.165.050
    MMS Port: 8080
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (don't know if this is important)
    MNC: 260
    APN Type: Don’t enter anything
    However you’re probably just going to get 2G. That is no mms. Also you may require to tweak the flex settings.
    Hope this help

I required double-checking what these settings are for T-Mobile Mobile Broadband. I make use of the stick 120 and use Vista sometimes but have a preference to Ubuntu, on that the username and password settings in Network Manager are at present User and mms, the concluding seeming odd, and the first at odds with t-mobile half-visible in the Windows software, wherever the password also appear to be two digits. I’ve got the APN correct although as general.t-mobile.uk not wrong with that , that is roaming charges be able to come of incorrect settings be able to ?I become aware with Windows my effort to use open DNS get rewritten is there any cause for this?

Hey guys I am confused here don’t that’s setting meant for the phone then why do you talking about Linux? Actually I am doing a research which comparing Android development with iPhone app design and I would like to assist with this argument however all the discussion is going above my head

Hey awesome Mahalingam that setting actually working I am getting 2G and MMS working thanks for looking out bro