Thread: Get message "Unknown USB Device" on Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422

Get message "Unknown USB Device" on Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422

a little while ago I install Windows 7 on my Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 laptop. When I try to connect any USB port storage device then it gives different message. Most of the time, it gives "Unknown USB Device" message. Also few times it says that the "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port." What should I need that help to fix this connectivity type of issue. Any help must be necessary to fix this issue. Thanks.

Re: Get message "Unknown USB Device" on Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422

In that case, I would suggest to you for perform the driver installation task. For doing this process, you need ot follow below process:
    • First right click on My computer icon and hit property option.
    • Then it open property windows. Open compatibility tab and hit device manager option.
    • It shows number of connected hardware and its installed driver.
    • You need to install latest USB port driver on this system using the USB controller option.
    Try this process and for doing this task, you can take help of the online facility. I hope it work in your case.

You need to try this connectivity with the number of USB devices. Try this and check what result arrives onto your laptop system. I hope this will be fix your problem. there quite be possible that few usb device not able to connect such high configured laptop. In such cases, such task, identify that the problem is related to the laptop or the usb device.

It might be also possible that the problem is to be present onto the usb port. Hence I will be suggesting to you for check the problem is present on the port of the usb or not. You can do this task by simply using the manual of the usb port. Hence try this and check what result arrives onto it.

I don’t think that there is any bug present on the port of the usb. You need to check internally onto your laptop. It is quite possible that the problem is present on the windows 7. It might be possible that the virus present on your laptop system. In such cases, you need to use antivirus to clean the virus onto your laptop. This antivirus will be work to fix your complicated problem. try this and check what result arrives onto it.

When the PC is started, go to the screen where it requests you to opt one of the 4 choice where you find out safe mode option. Then select this safe mode option and with the help of this option, you need to enter into safe mode. Then try to install sutable driver onto this laptop system. This will be work to you for solving your usb driver problem. safe mode help to properly install usb driver onto this laptop system.

I had similar problems with a Hauppauge TV-USB device. It seems that Hauppauge is destroying some MS USB components. Then I replace this usb device and in response it gives positive response. Finally I was able to fix such complicated problem. you can also try this solutions.

I think that your system is not able to recognize your usb devices. To solve this problem from your system you have to update the driver of your usb driver onto such highly configured system. If still it gives problem at the time of the connection, you need to try to remove any antivirus as well as malware of the laptop. This is necessary to fix any connectivity problem. antivirus helps to you for doing such task.

Troubleshooting starts with simplification. Let's find out if it's the problem of the usb device. In that case, Toshiba troubleshooting wizard help to you for solving such issue. Hence I would be suggest to you for check this task and check what solution present for your laptop.

You can also here try to reset cmos setting of the bios. For doing this task, you need to first try to do either hard reset or soft reset task. In hard reset, you need to remove the cmos battery onto its proper locations, this will be work and in response it performs the entire resetting task onto this laptop system. Hence try this hard reset and check what result onto it. This is helpful to you.

I try this hard reset task and must say that this will be work in my laptop system. You can also try this simple solution and check what result arrives onto your laptop. This is very simple process on such laptop system. Manual also work to fix this issue. You need to disconnect all power before each flash attempt. You can also use the update bios version option. Try this and check what result arrives onto it.