Thread: LG 2GX turning off AFTER firmware update

LG 2GX turning off AFTER firmware update

Hi, I am having LG 2GX mobile and which is having quite awful problem after updating the firmware of the mobile, but still I am not getting what could be the problem because when I was updating is everything was perfectly done and that the thing making me confused where I was wrong actually, anyways is there anybody over here having the same problem with the phone after updating the firmware? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: LG 2GX turning off AFTER firmware update

see I am assuming as you must have installed gingerbread in the phone isn’t it? Thus let me tell you as I have also installed the same OS in my mobile but everything works fine thus I think there is some problem with either software or with the hardware in your phone thus according to me it would be better if you get it tested before you use it.

I believe that there could be some problem with the battery that you are using in your mobile, and are you sure that the battery you are using your mobile is working perfectly? Have you ever noticed this kind of problem ever before updating the firmware? Along with the battery you should make sure you are making use of original charger in the phone for charging up the battery because duplicate product can surely affect the battery performance and you’ll get any such problem for sure.

Though I am agree with the above user but still according to me it is always better to troubleshoot any such problem with the software itself and after all as you have mentioned you are pursuing the problem after updating the firmware itself thus more or less I think problem is there with the firmware only, anyways have you ever tried resetting the firmware of your mobile? If not yet then I would like to recommend you that you should try to first reset the firmware of the phone and then see what happens, because if there would be any software glitch then you’ll get some sort of solution for sure after resetting the firmware.

by the way how did you updated the firmware ? because see I have seen many people having same problem who had installed the firmware through OTA update. Thus if you have done the same thing than you should try to get it install again through the PC.

Exactly, having same opinion as the above user as you should try to reinstall the whole firmware again in your phone because I don’t think resetting the firmware could help you with this problem anyway.

– I know about the same because I haven’t updated it through the OTA instead I have updated it through the PC itself and that’s why I am also getting confused. In fact when I was updating the firmware I have carried out each and every steps perfectly but still don’t know what could be the problem causing this issue. But really thanks for your valuable efforts towards the same thing.

See as mentioned above I was also thinking the same thing as there could be some softwage glitch but after seeing your comment yesterday it seems as you must be having some problem with the hardware in your phone rather than in the software thus I would like to suggest you that you should try to contact the service center for the same and then see what happens, because see it would be always ok to have service from their side rather than applying solution on your own because it may cause another problem in the phone.

In addition as far as charges are concern for the service then you’ll get it for free if your device is stil in the warranty period or else simply you may have to pay them.