Thread: Wireless not being enable with the FN/F8 combination key on toshiba satellite a505

Wireless not being enable with the FN/F8 combination key on toshiba satellite a505

As I am using the toshiba Satelitte A505 laptop. My main job is to send emails and check some orders from the client for this generally I use the wifi network for my daily surfing and personal use. And for this mostly I use shortcuts key more as it reduces my time and make my job faster , but from past few days what I am seeing is that my FN/F8 keys are not working properly as I use this keys for enabling the shortcuts. So I want to know what may be the problem for not able to enable the shortcut keys for the wifi.

Re: Wireless not being enable with the FN/F8 combination key on toshiba satellite a505

As going through the query which you have mentioned above seeing that I would suggest you that just check it out whether the keys are working fine or not. For this you have to check it out the keys one by one. So following this procedure first check that whether the FN key is working fine or not. For that you have to press FN key with any other shortcut key. If you are able to use the FN key then I would tell you that the FN keys are working fine. And now check the same with the F8 key if you are able to work with the F8 key then if both the keys are working properly with different functions then I would say that keys are right and functioning well.

Re: Wireless not being enable with the FN/F8 combination key on toshiba satellite a505

I am using the same laptop and having the similar issue but I am having with the sound. I am not able to raise the sound or low down the sound using with the shortcut key. So what should I do for this?

See there may be the possibilities that you are drivers may have to be reinstalled. As if you are not able to operate the keys though the keys are working fine then as I told reinstalling the drivers would able to fix the problem. As I have done many a times with my laptop and I think it should even work with you. As sometimes what happens is that the drivers become corrupt and not able to detect the shortcut key.

I tried the above method and found out the keys are working fine. So what must be the problem other then this if the keys are working well.

I would say that check your wifi first. If you are able to enable the wifi or not, Because some times what happens is that you are not able to connect the wifi and try doing the shortcut and you think it the key not functioning properly so my advice is that you first check it out whether wifi is able to switch On or not. For that you have to see the LED light in your laptop. If it is enabled then light will be ON or not then it will be OFF. So first try this procedure if it not working then try reinstalling the drivers for the wifi since there must be problem with the drivers and hope doing this would fix it out.

If doing this still you have the problem then only thing you can do is that you should take your laptop to the nearest toshiba support and see that your issued is solved out.