Thread: Battery drains quickly in LG G2X and overheating

Battery drains quickly in LG G2X and overheating

Hi, I am having LG G2X mobile and having so many problems with the phone. First of all as the title implies my mobile drains the battery much more faster than it is suppose to be drained don’t know what could be the exact threat, and this was started before some days only, but from last 2 days I have started getting overheating problem with the phone and after using it for 2 to 3 hrs. continuously it just get overheated.

Re: Battery drains quickly in LG G2X and overheating

as this phone belongs to smartphone category there could be so many problems associated with the phone that can also cause it to drain the battery more quickly. But still according to me you should try to test the whole phone whether it is working fine or not because see if there could be any problem with the hardware then you might have to get replacement of that particular hardware but for figuring out that you need to test the phone first.

Over here first of all you can try to charge the mobile with any other charger and use it once and observe are getting any difference in the performance of the phone or not, together with this you can have option like you can make use of another battery as well to ensure whether there is some actual problem with the battery or with the charger that you are using, and always make sure as you are charging the battery fully or else after sometime it happens as the battery particles damages in and they won’t charge at all.

as you have mentioned like you are having overheating problem with the phone thus it seems like the phone battery is damaged and you must have to get an replacement for the same because that is the only reason of overheating, as per my personal belief.

Have you ever overclock your mobile? Because see if you really had done this so let me tell aware you as you should try to keep the phone with normal settings because the processor of such phones are not that capable and off course because of that only you must be having overheating problem with the phone because I never get any such problem with my phone though sometimes I also feel that it is consuming more battery.

Have you tried resetting the software ever of your phone? Because it might be possible that there could be some problem with the phone firmware and that’s why you must be having problem with the battery performance.

See as there are two ways of doing this you should try to do the soft resetting first and then only try with the hard resetting because see if you are getting the issue resolved with the soft resetting then there isn’t any need of doing hard resetting.

(NOTE: it is always recommended to keep back up of important data from the mobile or else you may lose it after resetting the phone and that won’t be recoverable)

as far as smartphone is concern it is obvious thing as we must have to make use of many application with the phone whether it is of internet based application or any kind of application, so let me tell you as this is also one of the major cause of battery draining and because of that only you’ll get either many problem with the phone performance or enhancement to the performance.

I have always noticed as whenever we install any third party application in the mobile can also cause battery draining issue with the phone and that why I would like to recommend you that if you have also installed any such application in your mobile then you should first try to remove them and then see the difference.

Together with this when it comes to internet based application, it used to keep connection with the internet and that also increases the battery consumption with the phone thus avoid using such application for more time and lastly whenever you completed working with the application you should try to get it close as soon as possible or else again it would be worthless keeping it running in the background as it will keep draining the battery.

- it is always recommended as you should make use of only original accessories with the phone rather than any duplicate, thus make sure you are using the same or else if not then you should try to charge it through the original battery and then see what happens, whether you are getting the same problem or not.

I would like to say you should try to reinstall the whole firmware in the mobile and then see what happens because it might be possible that there could be some problem with the installed firmware and not with any hardware.

And after all It is always better to start trouble shooting with the software part rather than the hardware because in that you may have to pay for newer one though there isn’t any damage in the existing one. And apart from this as the above user mentioned the note you should consider it here as well.

As this is a smartphone we can’t expect more battery saving with the phone but still after seeing your case it is quite awful really but still over here as well there are several techniques through which you can simply have a control over battery consumption and surely you’ll get some noticeable difference in the battery lasting, but for that you should follow the below mentioned steps.

• Turn on Auto-Brightness and if not available Reduce Screen Brightness

• Turn Bluetooth Off if not needed

• Turn Off 3G

• Keep Wi-Fi Off

• Turn Off Location Services

• Fetch Email Less Often

• Auto-Lock Sooner

• Turn off Equalizer

• Use Battery saver Apps if needed

• Close all the application if not in use

Yeah I know that there are several ways through which we can manage the battery consumption but still I have noticed that the phone is behaving quite strange with respect to battery consumption and I think it need to be replaced. Anyways thanks for the suggestions.

see why don’t you visit the service center for the same because as you have mentioned that you might need an replacement for the same and off course you’ll not get any better hardware from anywhere expect the service center. But still let me tell you as there are so many terms and conditions according to which we can only claim the warranty thus you should make sure whether the device is in the warranty period still then only you can have replacement or any service to the phone or you may have to pay them additionally.