Thread: SD card not working in LG Octane

SD card not working in LG Octane

Hi, I am a LOG octane user and having problem with the phone and hope that I would get some sort of solution for sure from here. Actually mobile took a fall one day, and the MicroSD card was ejected and when I put the card back in the mobile at that time everything was working perfectly but after one day the card was not detected and the I was not able to get the content stored in the card and was getting the message saying “Your SD card is damaged, you may need to format the card." Thus as per the given instruction I attempted to format the card thus at that time got the message saying "Failed."

Am totally stumped and don’t know what could be the problem, whether the card Is damaged or mobile is not detecting it or don’t know what could be other issue with it. Anyways any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: SD card not working in LG Octane

See there could be so many reasons associated with the phone that must be causing such problem with the phone. I mean to say it might be possible that the memory card you are having is been corrupted or simply damage or there could be some problem with the phone which is not detecting the card.

Anyways have you tried to insert another memory card in your phone ? if not then you should try to do that first so that you can figure out whether there is some problem with only your card or with each and every card. Because see if there is some problem with other memory card that means surely there is some problem with the phone you are having rather than the memory card.

Though I am agree with the above user but still along with the above mentioned you can simply try to insert your memory card to another mobile as well so that you can have précised information whether really there is some problem regarding the card or with the phone.

you can try to reset the phone firmware as well and see whether it is been detected or not, because see I used to do the same thing whenever I got any problem with the memory card. at least you can figure out whether there is any software glitch or not. And along with this if you are getting the same problem again and again then you can try to reinstall the windows as well in your phone and then see what happens. But before doing that you should take care of you data stored in the mobile, here you can have option to take backup of your important data from the phone and then only proceed with any method.

as you have mentioned like you have attempted to format the card using the phone but you were unsuccessful but still I would like to recommend you that you should try to get it format through the PC once and then see whether you are getting the same problem or what.

While doing this make sure you have formatted according to the requirement of the mobile’s file system either it is fat32 or NTFS or any other. I was also getting the same problem and after formatting the card this way everything was perfectly working.

I think you should try to go to service center and have some proper idea about the actual threat in your mobile, I mean to say you should try to get the solution from there only because that is the only surest point of getting any sort solution for any kind of problem regarding the phone. And after if suppose there will be any damage in the card slot then also you’ll get some replacement for the same though you have to pay some more because as you have mentioned like it is been damaged after falling down and I don’t think you’ll get any replacement for free because physical damage won’t come under this warranty criteria though you have warranty period remaining.

actually I was also thinking about the same thing as it would be better to visit the service center because almost I have done each and everything you have mentioned but still no luck and It seems like surely there is some problem with the phone only rather than memory card and I think I must have to pay them as well. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.