Thread: OTA update available for LG revolution

OTA update available for LG revolution

Hi, I am using LG revolution and wanted to know whether any OTA updates are available to download or not, because as the extent to I know I am having froyo installed In my mobile which is quite slower than the gingerbread and that’s why was about to install the latest OS that’s gingerbread in the phone but don’t know exactly whether the OTA update is available or not. Is there anybody over here having same phone and had updated their mobile though OTA? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: OTA update available for LG revolution

Yeah the update is available for the phone and you can download it for sure as I have done but still I am looking for the ICS update for the phone, don’t know when it would be available!

I am agree with the above user as the update is available but still I would like to recommend you that it would be better if you install the whole software through the PC rather than this OTA update because I personally believe that with the OTA update you’ll get some extra functionality integrated with the existing software but when you install it through the PC you’ll get the whole software clean install in your phone.

Apart from this I have experienced so many problem with the OTA update thus I never prefer that rather always suggest to install the firmware through the PC only, and if possible you should not install it on your own rather you should try to visit the service center for the same because they will give this service for free to you since you are loyal customer to them.

actually I was also about to install it though PC only but still was just asking whether the software is available or not. Because I have also hears about many problems regarding the OTA update in the phones.