Thread: After Mango update, GPS not working on Samsung Focus

After Mango update, GPS not working on Samsung Focus

Last six month, I use this Samsung Focus smartphone and yesterdays, I perform windows phone 7 mango update onto it. Now the problem is after finishing this update process successfully, GPS that is Global Positioning system not working properly onto this mobile phone. When I tap on screen for voice directions, it always says "Can't connect to satellite." Is anyone else experiencing this? Please help?

Re: After Mango update, GPS not working on Samsung Focus

Microsoft released a statement saying they don't blame people or doing the forced update. If you need such updated version of the mobile phone, then only you need to perform this update task. This is not true when some functions not work properly because of the update task performed onto such mobile phone. At the time of performing this update task, we need to always check which applications works well after this task and which not works. This type of testing is must when we try something best onto it. Hence try such testing next time when you try to do update some software or mobile OS.

My GPS will find my location fine but getting directions is terribly slow now and turn-by-turn will always just say "can't connect to satellites." Then I decided to perform the restoring mobile OS to previous version. I did this task and after finishing this process, I found that the GPS will be work well onto it.

I don’t think so that this is well sense about such re-switch to previous mobile OS. This will be not proper thing as per my issue. I'm on official Mango on an AT&T Focus and I'm having problems on this GPS. Then I try to reinstall this GPS task. It will be work and must say that this is the software now work well onto it. You can follow the proper process to do this reinstallation task. It works in proper way. Hence try this and check what result onto this mobile phone.

I am using a Samsung Focus v1.3 with Mango installed, and the GPS works well. Hence I would be thinking that you have not properly installed such Mango update onto it. This will be work if you have properly installed such mango update onto it. In such condition you need to either update or reinstall this GPS software. Hence try this and check what result arrives onto it.

Sometimes, running another application try to access GPS function. Hence it will acquire the satellites to lock-in when I return to the built-in Maps application. In that situation you need to make sure GPS function has properly works onto it. If it not work, it’s better to set it to default stage.

10 Hz GPS update will drain your battery much faster... Also, GPS software has some interpolation algorithms. You need to apply such algorithm onto this mobile phone. Hence try to first apply such suitable algorithm onto it. Then check that mobile battery of this phone may be affected by such application or not. If it affected then you need to either reinstall this application. You could also restore your phone to 7392 and check if GPS is working properly and then re-update to Mango. The compatible software is necessary for this mobile phone. It is fix your Globally Positioning system application not working properly issues.

Still it has this problem on my AT&T Samsung focus even after mango update and new Samsung update. Then I contact official site expert person. Expert person work to fix this issue and in response it gives best performance over it. Hence try this and check what result arrives onto it. You can also take read more information about this application on its user guide manual. There are number of related issues also present onto it. Hence read such section and check what result arrives onto it.