Thread: Zune doesn't recognize final mango version on Samsung Focus

Zune doesn't recognize final mango version on Samsung Focus

My phone told me there was an update available today (presumably Mango), but Zune tells me my phone is already up to date with 7.0(7392. I don’t know the exact reason behind this issue, but I want to install windows phone 7 mango OS on it. Is there any person facing such issue, please help me about it. If anyone knows how I can update to Mango, please share your experience here. Thanks for anything.

Re: Zune doesn't recognize final mango version on Samsung Focus

Android Mango version has been begin rolling out in last few days, but only limited Users are currently catch the update notifications. If you would be one of that people, I hope it works perfectly on your smartphone. Hence try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it. There is no need to do any additional task on it. we need to follow instructions that mentioned onto the notification screen. Hence I suggest, try this simple onscreen instruction following process and check what result arrives onto it.

As per mentioned on above post, 10% of eligible customers are actually scheduled to receive the update on Samsung mobile. Hence it would be possible that your mobile phone is not still capable to update mobile OS to 7403 or 7720 type of higher version. if your mobile capable to do this update version, then I’m sure you may receive a notification that indicate one of the version. After that you need to follow the process that mentioned on this notification. Hence wait for such notifications. We can’t directly perform this update task.

The version number in Settings/Software/General/About Zune software setup folder matters in such situations. In few cases it happens, because of the installed Zune software is not the latest Zune client. Hence it restricts mobile phone to perform such update task. Hence I would say that just try to update your zune client software.

I also faced similar problem and that time, I decided to update this zune software, but it goes failure. Hence I decided to reinstall such software. It works and after installing latest version, I found that mobile OS mango version is arriving with notification. Then I follow instructions as per mentioned on mobile screen. It works in proper way. After finishing this process, I was able to successful mango mobile OS update task. This will be work and I suggest to you for try this simple zune software. Hence try this process and check what result arrives onto it.

I also wonder if you can get notifications on the phone before the actual update is ready from the OEM. Normally this is not happening because of the zune software but I thing its better to just try this solutions. Might be possible that latest version of the zune client software detect this latest mango OS notifications.

If you connect a Mango-updated phone to zune software, then look at Marketplace it should show Mango apps. Yes, it could be possible that zune software version makes impact on this mango OS update notification. The Zune software functions as management software, an interface to the Zune Marketplace, and as a media streaming server. Microsoft yesterday revealed details about the features and strategy for Windows Phone 7 zune software. You can found this information on official site of windows phone as well as few third party sites also publish such information. Hence try this and check what type of information or notification arrives onto it. It makes positive impact on such issue.

The Update Instructions PDF is clear that only phones with a current build number of 7355, 7389, 7390, or 7392 have NoDo available for install. As per you mentioned 7392 are being available on your mobile phone. Hence I don’t think that there is something wrong happen with your mobile phone. You can also read this information on several third party site as well as manual of this zune software. It helps to you a lot.

Before you decided it was HUNG did ZUNE throw an error with a failed page? If it gives any error then we can say that there is certain unsupported or wrong things happen. Then only we need to take proper action on it. Otherwise we need to avoid this update task. If software or application works perfectly on our mobile phone, then why should we need such mango version update? It might be not necessary in such condition. You can also take expert advice related to this issue on official site expert person.