Thread: Did anyone tried MS Based A-GPS to help gps lock on Motorola Triumph

Did anyone tried MS Based A-GPS to help gps lock on Motorola Triumph

Hello friends, I want to ask that did anyone has try the MS based for the GPS lock on the Motorola Triumph, as I was think to do it and also did anyone has done it then please help me with it and also you have some method to do it then please tell me about it, so that I can do it and also will be able to get the GPS lock of the phone and able to solve the issue with the GPS, so kindly tell me about it. Thank you.

re: Did anyone tried MS Based A-GPS to help gps lock on Motorola Triumph

If you're motionless having problems with GPS in an area where you have data coverage, and have tried to change the gps.conf and possible updating of the libraries as seen in other threads, have you tried changing the GPS settings to the base MS instead of the default of "independent"?

Mobile Station base (MSB) - MSB In mode A-GPS operation, the device gets A-GPS ephemeris, place of position, the position time and additional data from the server elective support A-GPS. With the help of the above data, the device gets A-GPS satellite signals and calculates the position able to be seen. My GPS was really long blocks. Usually 10 minutes or less with the GPS status before closing. I tried both using only one GPS and the wireless network and it motionless take a long time. So I updated the base lbstestmode.apk utilize MS gps.conf file talk about previous and now I have a lock on the GPS status in about 8 seconds from cold start, using only the GPS with a wireless network.

The flash of a zipper is attached first to install the CWM lbstestmode.apk (or simply copy the lbstestmode.apk in / system / app / if you prefer) and restart the phone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Follow the below directions to do the above method:
    • After starting to create a shortcut to activities -> LbsTestMode -> LbsTestMode. You may need to install LauncherPro if the pitcher does not support the choice of activities under Shortcuts. Once installed all the pitchers who have this option.
    • Home LbsTestMode and go to application settings and set it to MS base and press it again until you exit the application.
    • Phone reboots and then makes use of GPS status below a patent sky until you get a lock. What are most important to pay attention to the numbers of error are the label (m) and Fix / Saturday in the lower corners of the compass. Error (m) is the exactness of its location in meters displayed later than you get a lock. Fix / sat is the number of satellites locked and prospectively in sight.

Under Status of GPS, you can do the following to force a bunch of GPS data to download: Click on the Menu, and then on the Tools under that Manage state A-GPS and select restart. This will erase all previous A-GPS data. And also click on the Menu again go in Tools and select the Manage state A-GPS and select the Download. This will download fresh A-GPS data. We will block GPS Status. The first time will take longer, as the GPS / phone synchronizes data. After getting a lock, you can try turning off the phone and then reboot and see if the lock is faster from a cold start. This may or may not help. All I can say is that the base change to MS helped my gps lock time.

Everything went very well today. I went my phone off the entire night so I might get a solid cold start this morning. It's cloudy and rainy once more today too. I beat the road this morning and excited the GPS and locked in about 15 seconds. Great job on this review. Also since then there have been moments of immediate blocking when I try.

Re: Did anyone tried MS Based A-GPS to help gps lock on Motorola Triumph

I had a little hiccup on my way home. After lunch I went to my phone. When I got back on the road 3 hours later he was back on and started browsing. It took me a minute or so in the first block. I left navigation and waited 20 minutes or so. I started it again and it took about 30 seconds. All the time after the lock was instantaneous. Still very impressed. It was very cloudy and rainy, but today. I was down to 1.1 mb kb 500 to today as well. I would post this over HoFo for all the deniers do not, but I would not be able to answer technical questions, if someone had.