Thread: Unable to delete text messages in LG revolution

Unable to delete text messages in LG revolution

Hi, I am using LG revolution phone running gingerbread operating system on it and everything seems fine except one thing that’s the messages in the phone as, whenever I try to delete the messages in bulk in my phone it just won’t let me do that, don’t know what could be the problem but still it just happens every time and no doubt with no other option I must have to delete then separately. And off course it make sense to delete 10 to 15 messages this way but when it comes to delete 1000 messages then it is quite awful.

Re: Unable to delete text messages in LG revolution

There is a option to delete all the text at the same time as the extent to I know, then how come you are having this problem with your phone? Whenever you try to delete all the messages from the phone what happens exactly?

Why don’t you try to reset the firmware of the phone? Have you ever tried it yet, because I have suggested this to so many guys and they have gotten solution for their almost each and every kind of problem and hoping that you’ll get some sort of solution after resetting the firmware.

You can try with the soft resetting, which will only delete all the settings from the phone but if suppose you are still getting the same problem that means you should try hard resetting as well and see what happens. Because when you try hard resetting the firmware it will not only delete the settings rather all the data will be wiped and the factory data will be restored.

Thus it would be surely better if you make a backup first and then only proceed.

as I have opinion as the very first user like don’t you know how delete them, or you know that but still you are not able to do that, see it would be better if you mentioned it properly because then only we will be able to assist you precisely. See I have mentioned the procedure if you don’t know how to delete all the messages in one time you can try it.

First open up inbox and hit menu and then press delete as you do this you need to hit menu one more time and choose delete all threads option (only option at that point) and there you go, all the texts will be deleted.

Yeah I know how to delete the message in one time but still whenever I do this the phone just gets hanged for a while and though I wait for sometime nothing happens on the screen and with no other option I have to pull the battery out of the mobile and reboot it, and sorry as I haven’t mentioned it properly.

well, there could be so many reasons that can cause this kind of problem with the phone such as,
    • Virus in the phone

• Unwell matched application

• Application corruption

• Firmware corruption and many more.

However, you can have option over here like as mentioned above either you can try to reset the firmware of the phone but if suppose you are having the same problem then you can simply try with reinstalling the same firmware as well in the phone.

Visit the service center and get the service regarding the phone from there only because I think that’s the only source from where you’ll get some sort of solution regarding the same.

actually you are right as I was also about to visit over there only, because though I have done each and everything you have mentioned but still no luck and I think there isn’t any option in this operating system, isn’t it?