Thread: Mango 7712 update process stuck at step 6

Mango 7712 update process stuck at step 6

Last month I buy this Samsung Focus mobile phone and now I want to update mobile OS of this smartphone. Previously it contains windows phone 7661 version but now I want to update it to 7712. At the time of updating, process goes failure at step 6. At this stage complete mobile phone is to be hang. I don’t know what to do on that condition. Then I simply reboot the mobile phone. Is there anyone try this update process; please suggest me best way to fix this issue. Thanks for any help.

Re: Mango 7712 update process stuck at step 6

I'm having the same issue with my Focus. Then I try doing a reset of the device, resetting it back to a clean state, and trying the update again. This simple process work and at the end newly installed windows phone version works perfectly onto it. Hence I would be suggest to you for perform same kind of task onto your mobile phone. I hope you also got positive solutions over it.

In few situations, there is possibility update stuck at such mobile phone. In that case, you need to just check that downloaded update files has to be work well or not. I think most of the cases, such online files of the update process will gives problem. Few times restarting such update process works positively. If you regularly got such problem, then it’s better way to get official copy of this update and apply it onto mobile phone. This will be works into positive manner.

You can also simply try doing a full reboot of the device and trying again update process. The Samsung Focus is a great, capable smartphone powered by Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 operating system. For doing this reboot task you need to apply different procedure onto it. this process is to be as first powering down your mobile phone and then unplug battery onto it. After few time slot again put it into proper position. Then start this mobile phone by pressing power button. After restarting it, you need to start this update process. I hope this reboot help to you to do this update process. This reinserting mobile battery will be removing all the temporary files of the mobile phone. It also avoids all the setting which is worked in wrong way. In few cases, such reboot solutions really effective. These steps will wipe all data from the phone and set it back to factory default settings. You need to try this and check what result arrives onto it.

If you have problem with your mobile phone then you need to start this update process again after rebooting your mobile phone. If it stuck at step 6 then repeat steps mentioned below:
    • In this step 6, it gives notification that another update is available. So, you need to select the update button again.
    • Next is check there is no Internet connection. You disconnect phone to internet by disabling wifi as well as removing cable with computer system.
    • After around 30 seconds you need to connect mobile phone to internet and perform this update task. It will be updating your firmware.

Hence try this and check what result onto it. I am sure you got much waited successful message.

This Windows Phone Mango 7712 is a simultaneous, coordinated, global update that cuts across carriers, phone models, and countries. When an update is available, a message appears on your phone letting you know. We need to follow the on screen instructions that work to perform this update task. Hence try this and check what result arrives onto your mobile phone.

This is NORMAL it seems for it to hang at the LG, Samsung, act screens after the MANGO UPDATE on first boots. Hence we need to just reboot such mobile phone. This will be work positively onto your mobile and definitely you found that new software version is being available onto it.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your update! You might want to check out the Windows Phone Update Solution Wizard. This solution wizard is being present on the official site of the windows phone 7. Hence I would recommend to you for try to find out such section onto official site and take help of number of solutions present onto that site.

The similar type of problem I faced onto my mobile phone. Then I try to reset as well as reboot task but it goes failure. Then I read your valuable reply. I have been goes to the Windows Phone Update Solution Wizard. They list the error codes I received. Then I apply the appropriate solutions present on this wizard. This will be works and finally I got appropriate solutions over my mobile phone. Hence anyone if faced such issue, then must take help of the solution wizard of official site. It is best for such critical situations.

Exact same thing happened to me - exact same Samsung Focus. Tried updating phone today, phone hung on second update number 7. Then I contact official expert person onto that site. Expert suggests me that your mobile phone is in warranty period. Hence you need to contact service center. Then I contact service center and in response, I got new mobile phone that support this update process. Now I finish my new mobile phone and it works nicely onto it.