Thread: Can I unlock LG Thrill 4G from Tmobile

Can I unlock LG Thrill 4G from Tmobile

My friend want to sell his LG Thrill 4G. He had bought that from Tmobile. I want use it with some other sim. But it will not work as it is network lock. I want to unlock the same. Can anyone knows a solution for this. How can I unlock this thing. I am unable to get a guide on this. I am sure there will be some way through which we can unlock and use it with different sim.

Contact the network provider. The Tmobile guy. They will unlock the device. And you can also get that done through a local mobile shop. I had gone a phone from verizon. It was on a yearly contract. The mobile price was paid later on I shifted into different country where there was different telecom provider. I was able to unlock the sim. A local shop guy did that for few bucks. You have to find the same in your area.

There is a guide available on that on XDA but it is complicated. It is better if you can contact your telecom provider for that. Or as mentioned above you can also get that done through a local mobile shop. I had seen guides based on unlocking on xda, they are bit complicated but really help. You have to find right drivers for that. This will be used for flashing stuff. Your device can be permanently dead if you did this improperly.