Thread: MP3 Ringtone Vs MP3 Song in Samsung galaxy R

MP3 Ringtone Vs MP3 Song in Samsung galaxy R

I added a little number of MP3 ringtones to my Samsung Galaxy R on SD card which is external. From Sound/ Settings and Display, I can choose my (recently added) favorite ringtones.
    Difficulty is that when I begin Music Player, the list too includes all those ringtones too. I know both the ringtones and songs are MP3, so the simply way for the firmware to distinguish is to put the ringtones in several definite folder. But which is that folder and where it is? Can rooting the device resolve this crisis? Or any extra trick are exists?

Re: MP3 Ringtone Vs MP3 Song in Samsung galaxy R

Installed and downloaded the ‘Ring Droid’ from market. I formed a folder on SD card which are External with only single ringtone in it. I also Used Ringdroid to place it as my default ringtone. Then I removed the folder which is consisting of ringtones from SD card, and the whole thing worked very well. My favorite ringtone was there and wasn’t in the Music Player. With the greed to insert extra ringtones, did the similar and added little extra ringtones through Ringdroid. When it’s completed, all of them re-formed in the Music Player, even later than removing the folder from SD card.

I have gone throughout your suggested thread and several others also. But its Seems like there is no explanation. You cannot end Music Player from peeking within all folder..No media technique works but it also avoids the files to be used as ringtones. It is very weird on part of Android manufacturers, I suppose they don't utilize their own Operating System on their cell phones or they survive with stock ringtones just.

These are boundaries of the default player which is GT-I9000. The clarification is to use a third party player that has that functionality. For instance Power AMP agree to:
    * state which folders to scan or not to scan for addition in the MP3 play lists
    * choose a song for the ringtone list openly from inside the player
    Power AMP also solves the difficulty of the default player not identification the final song played when the procedure gets killed - lack of which was driving me mad in the default player.

I can't still utilize my own mp3's the same as ringtones. I have a hardly any mp3 files in my Samsung Galaxy but when I desire to choose them as ringtones, they don't show up in the list to select from. No requirement for extra applications, you just have to generate a folder named messages like notifications and set your mp3 there, for ringtones make folder ringtones then set your mp3s there. Music player will not identify those files and you can observe it on the ringtones list.