Thread: Webcam not working in Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 laptop

Webcam not working in Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 laptop

Hi, I am having Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 laptop in which I am running widows 7 and everything works fine but when it comes to webcam I am having very weird problem with it, as whenever is attempt to get it start it won’t start and cause different problem with the machine and I have never got any such problem with the camera yet, and because of such sudden cause I am not getting what could the actual problem with it. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Webcam not working in Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 laptop

make sure you have installed the necessary drivers for the webcam that must have to have in the laptop prior to work with the webcam, thus make sure you have installed it correctly.

And if you are wondering as from where you can get this drivers, so let me tell you as you must have gotten a driver disk with the laptop, so from that only you can install it, but I think it would be better if you download the drivers again from the manufacturer’s website rather than installing it from the disk because it must be contain older driver and as you have mentioned that you have installed windows 7 in your machine that simply means you must need the most recent drivers for the laptop otherwise you’ll surely get any error with respect to webcam.

I know the drivers are must, in fact I have downloaded it installed as well but still having the same problem with the webcam, and that’s the worst part, anyways is there any other solution left?

are you are that you have installed perfect drivers in your machine, because see when it comes to driver It should be appropriate rather precise which is actually intended for the laptop model you are having, thus check that first.

After that’s have you ever dropped the laptop from the height or any accident because in such case hardware cause might be possible and you be having some problem with the hardware.

According to me over here it would be better to visit the service center and have proper service for the laptop, because see if there could be any hardware damage over here you’ll only get the best replacement from the service center only, and as far as charges are concern so let me tell you as they depends upon their terms and conditions regarding the product.