Thread: Toshiba Satellite A105 won't boot

Toshiba Satellite A105 won't boot

Hi, I am using Toshiba Satellite A105 laptop from couple of months and everything was working good but don’t know from last few days I am not able to boot the machine however, as I have tried each and everything known to me but still having the same problem with the machine, anyways is there anybody over here having same problem with this laptop, please let me know what could be the problem with the machine and off course some possible solutions as well !! thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A105 won't boot

I think there could be some problem with the BIOS you have installed in your machine because see I was also having the same problem once though I am having another laptop but still it was also not getting started and after such huge effort I came to know that there were some problem with the BIOS I have installed in the machine.

Anyways I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the BIOS in your laptop and see whether you are getting the same problem or not, and if possible you should try to install the latest BIOS in the laptop rather than the one you have already install because there could be some problem in it. And off course if you install the most recent one you’ll get so many other benefit s well.

I hope you must be aware as from where you can download BIOS for your laptop, if not then let me tell you as you can get it from your laptop manufacturer’s website.

whenever you start the machine can you get any particular sort or notification from the laptop such,

• While you press on the power button, the laptop make series or short and long beeps and will not start up. There is no video on the screen.

• You start the laptop and it starts making repetitive clicking noise or grinding noise,

• Or any error like BootMGR is missing or something like that ?

It would be better if you specify the problem in brief so that I can assist you in better way.

according to me the best way is to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media that you must have gotten with the laptop.

And if you no longer have the recovery discs that came with the machine, you can order them as well from here.

Have you tried reinstalls the operating system in your laptop. If not then I would like to suggest you that you should try to do that as well, because there might be some problem with the operating system you have installed.

Or any error like BootMGR is missing or something like that ?
    Yeah I am having the same error that you have mentioned as the bootMGR is missing, so what I can do now?

yeah off course you can have solution for the same and for that you need to follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Insert your OS (whichever you have) disk into your DVD player and restart your computer.

2. The next screen appear with the Language, Time and Currency and Keyboard boxes, but In the lower left side there are two options named “What to know before installing Windows” and “Repair your computer.”

3. Click on “Repair your computer” and Windows will then attempt to discover the installation directory for Vista or Windows 7, depending on what you have.

4. Next up is a screen with a box called Recovery Options. Thus Click the first option that’s Startup Repair.

5. You’ll see a Startup Repair box by means of the message “Startup Repair is checking your system for problems…”

6. whilst it’s finished, it will prompt you to restart. If there is more than one problem, it may reboot again to continue repairing, or else you are completed with the recovery.

it would be better if you visit the service center and let them aware about the problem, I think that’s the only option you can have over here to resolve the issue in your machine.

And after all it seems better option if you are still pursuing the same problem yet even after recovering the system as mentioned by the above user.