Thread: AC power adapter hangs Toshiba satellite A205-s6808 laptop

AC power adapter hangs Toshiba satellite A205-s6808 laptop

Hi, I am having Toshiba satellite A205-s6808 laptop in which I am having quite awful problem as whenever I connect my Ac power adaptor with the laptop it just get hanged and because of that only I must have to reboot for at least once, or else it just remains in the same stat.

Is there anybody over here having same problem with their machine or I am the only victim with such a weird problem? Any suggestion for resolving this issue?

Re: AC power adapter hangs Toshiba satellite A205-s6808 laptop

Exactly this is quite weird seeing such a problem, but are you sure like whenever you plug the adaptor then only it gets hanged because as far as reasons are concerned there are too many that can also cause the similar troubles with the machine. Thus according to me it would be better if you first of all check whether this is because of the adaptor you are using or this is something different.

And for doing that you can have option as you should try to plug another cable with your machine and see if you are pursuing the same problem that means there is some problem with the laptop and not with the AC power adaptor, because if there could be any problem with the power cord then you might not get problem with another one.

I am quite agree with the above user, and thus if you are sure as this is because of the power cord then you can simply get it replaced or have new one.

have you ever tried to boot in other mode, such as in safe mode ? if not then you should try to that, you can have step over here.

after that make sure whether you are able to boot through another user or not, and for doing that you can have steps over here.

I am not sure about this but sure about this but still I think this could be happening because of the Power management software installed in your laptop. whilst you're running on battery and then you plug it in, power management kicks in and brightens the screen and resets the timing on the hardware as far as putting it to sleep and waking it up.

Thus over here you could try going into your power options and varying the configuration settings so that they are the similar for battery as well as ac and then see if it still does it.

– Hey thanks guys for the suggestion but when I done each and everything you have mentioned , I am still pursuing the same problem, any more suggestion left?

Because see I have tried a variety of combination with battery, without battery, only battery, only AC, external monitor with just battery, external monitor with just AC, external monitor with both, unplugging AC and battery in various combination. Same thing, no improvement.

formatted and reinstalled fresh operating system as well but still no Luck.

you should try to get the solution from here, as this is supportive site from the Toshiba. And I hope you’ll get some sort of solution from here for sure.

though I am agree with the above user but still I don’t think you’ll get any solution over there because I have tried so many times whenever I get any problem with the machine and every time just no luck. But according to the effective way is to contact the service center for the further information or else just visit the service center and tell them about the problem in details and from there you’ll surely get some solution for the device.

And as far as charges are concerned it could be depend upon the warranty period you must be having for the device, if that is remaining then all the service will be free of cost or else you must have to pay them, in case of replacement of particular hardware as well the same thing applies.

[QUOTE=Mark$Hen;5471529]Hi, I am having Toshiba satellite A205-s6808 laptop in which I am having quite awful problem as whenever I connect my Ac power adaptor with the laptop it just get hanged and because of that only I must have to reboot for at least once, or else it just remains in the same stat.

Is there anybody over here having same problem with their machine or I am the only victim with such a weird problem? Any suggestion for resolving this issue?

I have checked out for the same and i have found that there a no of people having the same issue and the cause of this issue is that that the power management chip gets heated from ac mains, this happens when the chip gets faulty and cause the system to freeze.

Many models of Toshiba that have NEC-TOKIN Proadlizer (capacitor) exhibit similar problems. A solution and links are provided here:
    http://gs138.photobucket.com/groups/q251/S1BXDWUERU/