Thread: Comparing Nokia Symbain based phone vs Windows based

Comparing Nokia Symbain based phone vs Windows based

I am looking for some feature comparison between the two platforms of Nokia phone which is symbian and other is windows phone. I had used Nokia Symbian phones and now switching to Windows. So before going the same I just want to figure what can be the exact different between them. Nokia Windows phone are costly and said that they have more better advantages. That will be surely a matter of thinking. What I know right now is that Windows support makes the phone more functional and with multiple app support.

Re: Comparing Nokia Symbain based phone vs Windows based

If we talk about smartphones then you must know that it is different from ordinary mobile phones especially those which have a standard operating system. This is common in most models. Nokia Lumnia is a smartphone equipped with rich features and support which was not possible on symbian.

There is lot more difference between Nokia Symbian and Nokia Windows platform. I we talk about the home screen you can find major changes itself there. The first is that the boot time of phone which is reduced to great extent. Second the user interface is more simpler than you think. Windows phone has more innovative approach. In this you can pin applications, contacts on the home screen and scroll it vertically. You can display multiple items on the screen which makes it easy access. It saves time and give more functional support. Windows phone are more featured with less cost. The integration with other app and devices is another important point to look out. Random displays makes it easy to customize the phone as you want. With rich multimedia and browsing support you can do almost all stuff for which you will need a computer.

I find symbian more simple to use. After switching to windows it has become a bit annoying to figure out what I want to do. It is just the matter of feeling what features you want in your phone.

Saying that symbian is outdated is wrong. You might has seen that symbian 3 and up version were having multiple home screen with widget support. You can also have dynamic content via internet support. The feedback from tweeter or mail or news, etc. There is difference between symbian and windows. Those can be related to the platform which might affect the developers, not the users. A add-on benefit on Windows phone is that you get update support. You can run your phone updates and get most bugs fixed. Operating Windows phone is more easier. Windows platform has more features like office support. You can run any of your office file on the phone itself without any third party app support. While on symbian you will need to load your phone with a office app and that too java support. That all stuff is eliminated. I will recommend you to go for Windows platform if you are planing to get a new phone.

Windows phones are battery consuming. They consume more power and with multimedia you cannot use them even for 4 hours. This is a problem with most of the smartphones.

I has not find something great in Symbian interface. The only benefit that was really amazing is the ability to create as many folders and sub-folders that you want. That is what you do in your computer. And that menu was always accessible from a dedicated button. In Windows some of the features are also available which looks similar to Symbian platform. Today companies not only tries to give you better interface but more functional phone. Some of those functions we never use in our life. The only thing that Windows phone lack is support for many apps. In Android or iPhone if you loads hundreds of apps your phone still works while in Windows it dies. For example enable Activesync to sync my mails from mail server and other update stuff simply eats the battery and make the phone unresponsive.

If anyone plans to go for any new phone better go for Windows. It is better to stay with new technology. If you go for older it can lack some features which you might want.

This are my views on the same. Symbian was a excellent platform but the main focus was multimedia. While Windows are more functional and has more advantage over multimedia. On the same hand if we talk about Rim OS of Blackberry, there you get more safety and great features for business use. This platform is very productive and right the new OS is causing more improvements in media. Another competitor which is right-now in boom is Android. It has nice interface and many app support. So this is want more users look for. It is quiet a popular mobile operating system. And last one is iPhone OS. This is best for the it particular device only. It is not a independent operating system.