Thread: Mango update with Samsung Focus firmware update

Mango update with Samsung Focus firmware update

I have understood about other folks receiving a firmware update to their Samsung Focus cell phones the similar instance they upgraded their cell phones to Mango ‘RTM’. This not at all happened with my cell phone... I'm still caught on the older firmware, the one where the compass is disabled! I have tried the trial compass application on MSDN and it only returns that my device is not supported. Does everyone know if there is a spread out rollout for this firmware update? Or could it be the method I upgraded my cell phone... which was from the Mango beta2 to the Mango RTM? I'm actually anxious to obtain the Compass / Motion API functioning...

Re: Mango update with Samsung Focus firmware update

I have understood the difficulty. it seems that, this firmware update came through the NoDo update back in April. I had stupidly rebranded my handset in a perfectly try to obtain the NoDo update previous. On the other hand, rebranding the cell phone was the cause the firmware update not at all showed up. Rebranding the cell phone post-NoDo informs does not assist. I would suppose you'd have to relapse to a pre-NoDo support and then rebrand it to obtain the update. Unluckily, I haven't had my initial backup for an extended time.
    Luckily, the folks over at XDA have supply ROMs for nearly all of the windows cell phones (as well as the Samsung Focus). You have to obtain one definite to your transporter. Once I flashed my cell phone with the new ‘7004’ ROM, I went through the entire the updates and I now have the updated firmware that allows my cell phone to utilize the Motion API/ Compass.

Re: Mango update with Samsung Focus firmware update

I think it is a remarkable. For the tape, I have a Samsung Focus 1.4 and went the producer beta --> RTM route. I have ended up with firmware which is 2103.11.4.1, and the compass is unable. Which is a bit irritating, as I am in the center of writing an application that required the compass? Time to discover out of the wife's cell phone is working satisfactory... Mine is a Samsung Focus and ended up with firmware which version is 2103.11.8.1. The modern Window Phone Blog post declares that firmware updates will begin rolling out next month, so possibly the Samsung Focus will obtain the update after that?