Thread: Does LG E900 support the new motion API?

Does LG E900 support the new motion API?

Guys have anyone tested their lg phones with the new motion api? If anyone has tested it then do let me know about the same the new motion api does comes with the mango update and hence I am very excited to know if anyone has tested it or not?
    I want your replies from you all and hence do reply accordingly on the same that’s what I am saying here, so do give some appropriate replies from you all on the same, tats what I am saying here.

Re: Does LG E900 support the new motion API?

No it is not, the device does not support compass at all, so that’s what I am saying here, so now what I can say is that the motion api is not supported in this device that’s what I can say here. I have tested it with my Lg e900 and it did not work at all. Appears to me as a hardware issue I will be later testing on the different phone and see if that is working with the other phone or not, that’s what I would be seeing here.

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post
    No it is not, the device does not support compass at all, so that’s what I am saying here, so now what I can say is that the motion api is not supported in this device that’s what I can say here. I have tested it with my Lg e900 and it did not work at all. Appears to me as a hardware issue I will be later testing on the different phone and see if that is working with the other phone or not, that’s what I would be seeing here.
    Who said that E900 does not have any digital compass over here that’s what I am saying here, so what I am saying is that I would ask you all to have a check at the wiki pages there it is clearly mentioned that E900 does have a magnetometer. So you cannot say that it does not have a digital compass at all, that’s what I am saying here.

Now in this case either I will be wrong or you will not be having enough knowedge on the case that’s what I am saying here. So hope that was enough for yu all that’s it from my side for you.

I have checked out the configuration of the phone and here is the detailed information from the official page have a look
    - 33WM7,
    - Accelerometer,
    - Proximity,
    - Ambient Light Sensor,
    - Digital Compass
    - DLNA,
    - Dolby sound,
    - Twitter Client,
    - On Screen Phone,
    - Augmented Reality,
    - 3.5mm Jack,
    - XBOX Live,
    - Zune Player,
    - Office Mobile,
    - Bing
    So having a look at the configuration of the phone it clearly says that there is a digital maps in that phone then I must say that there is some problem with the update for sure, that’s what I am saying here. So hope that it does gets fixed as soon as possible.

Are you still using the Mango Beta provided by Microsoft and if your answer is yes then let me tell you that the beta version uses the generic image and does not have exact drivers for every hardware. So when the RTM is released it will be containing all the necessary drivers that are required for the hardware. So if you haven’t checked for the updates yet then I would advise you to have a check about the same that will be much helpful for you, that’s what I am saying here. So do look accordingly on the same that’s what I am saying here.

Dude if you listen to me then I have the Mango final version installed in my phone and then also I am not getting to see anything at all, so can you tell me where could I have gone wrong? Any specific information that you have on the same then please do update me accordingly on the same that’s what I am saying here.

Also one more thing that I would like to notify you all is that Scansearch which was working with NoDo now does not work after installing the mango update. So don’t know what is the problem with the mango update. What should I do in this situation, any advise t5hat you all have on the same, then please do reply accordingly over here.

Quote Originally Posted by $Nakul$ View Post
    Dude if you listen to me then I have the Mango final version installed in my phone and then also I am not getting to see anything at all, so can you tell me where could I have gone wrong? Any specific information that you have on the same then please do update me accordingly on the same that’s what I am saying here.

Also one more thing that I would like to notify you all is that Scansearch which was working with NoDo now does not work after installing the mango update. So don’t know what is the problem with the mango update. What should I do in this situation, any advise t5hat you all have on the same, then please do reply accordingly over here.
    Many of the users have complained that they haven’t got all the drivers that was promised in mango update so I would say that you do check out for the update again may be you will be able to get the missing drivers from the same so that is what I want to notify you all, do have a good look at the same.

Yes I absolutely agree on what you have said here, since there were testing going on for the said device and the developers have finally decided to re- release the update pack to the LG phones. So do check out for the updates from the Lg and then install the update accordingly that’s what you should be doing over here that’s what I want to say here.

In case if there is no availability of the update then do directly have a chat with he LG people and report the issue to them and ask them to get it cleared out that’s what I am saying here.

The latest firmware version that has been released by the Microsoft is the version 7.10.7720.68. so check out for the said version and in case if the version does not matches then do download the latest version in your system, that’s what you should be doing over here.

Hey dude you guessed it right till now I was using the beta version of the mango update and I was really disappointed with the negligence from my side I was not at all bothered to check which version of the firmware I am using for my phone now that’s a terrible disappointment for me, that’s what I can say here.