Thread: How to use Windows Phone 7 emulator

How to use Windows Phone 7 emulator

I am looking for some solution related to Windows Phone 7 emulators for pc. But I did not find any stuff on internet. i had some users discussing on this that there are number of emulators available for this series.

Re: How to use Windows Phone 7 emulator

Yes that right. You can test the mobile operating system on your system by using a emulator. But there is no official support available or that. Currently there are some set of tools which are used to build applications for this new operating system. The current emulators which works has very limited settings.

Yes that is right. You can test the mobile operating system on your system by using a emulator. But there is no official support available or that. Currently there are some set of tools which are used to build applications for this new operating system. The current emulators which works has very limited settings.

There is a emulator which allows you to use different features of Windows phone 7. Like for example you can run in built apps and test voice search also. First to run it you will need to find unlocked version of Windows phone 7. This will be called as the cracked image. There are many file sharing websites which provides this image file. It will be a kind of bin file and you will need to put this file in C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SDKs \ WindowsPhone \ v7.0 \ Emulation \ Images . This is usually the default location. Once you do this the emulator is easy to run. It does not gives you full access to the current Windows Phone 7 operating system but you can have a feel of the same. You can see the menus, the interface and also check how this all works. But does it is really worth to use this on a mobile operating system. I found the new version a bit more functional due to more added features.

I had followed a guide on the web which showed to use Windows Mobile 7 SDK. This is a mobile development environment on the pc. This also includes a emulator to work with Windows Phone 7. In simple term it is gives you option to operate Windows Phone 7 in virtual mode.

I had heard that Windows Mobile 7 SDK is provided by Microsoft. But till yet there is no better image file available. This is surely for the testers who wants to check the functionality of this mobile operating system. To use the only thing you need to do is, get a unlocked emulator for 32-bit Windows or 64-bit version of Windows. The installation of the same is not really difficult. Open a command prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command with the path to your packages downloaded: msiexec / i "C: \ users \ your folder \ Downloads \ setup.msi. Iti necessary here to specify the path according to your downloads. Once you done with the complete installation process you can work with fully functional Windows Mobile 7 device on your desktop. Hope this will help.

I know before Microsoft has given a better and powerful emulator which allows the users to run Windows phone operating system on pc and check the same. It is basically for developers who wants to create apps for Windows Phone. But today there are no better support provided.

What I know about this is that in order to use the software you will need Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or Windows 7. You must have at least 3 GB of free hard disk space and 2 GB of RAM. Support for Direct 10 gpu is options requirement. But it is recommended. Get a emulator file from the web first. This can be anything. It is a exe file which is the common interface of Windows file. Run the setup. When you are done with the setup you will find the tool in Start > Windows Phone Developer Tools > Windows Phone Emulator. You can then test the same in Internet Explorer and test out the features. Some of this emulators works in IE browser only. So you must look properly to the support documents.

There is no major changes in Windows Phone. The home button or the start button has settings to change the theme and some user preferences. The emulator can be downloaded from Microsoft with all needed features.

It is right that you will get a better idea by using the phone os emulator. But there is lot more difference between the actual usage and between using it on a emulator.