Thread: Design flaw of HTC Explorer?

Design flaw of HTC Explorer?

Hey guys, first things first, I love the phone. But there is some "physical" little problem I have. Because the camera protrudes slightly at the rear of the phone, and because it is off center, the phone rocks side to side when you enter the phone on a solid surface (like a desk). There is a simple solution for the manufacturer. Make the speaker stand the same amount, or pull the camera back a little in the body. Meanwhile, and because it is not corrected in retrospect, I'm adding a small rubber pad and thin at the back of the phone, carefully designed to fit around the speakers.

Re: Design flaw of HTC Explorer?

At first I thought it was a joke. I see no problem at all with the way the phone and strongly disagree that there is a design flaw. This is a mobile phone, not a desktop keyboard. Get used to it.

That is a very big and I have the same problem with my N900. For those who disagree, consider a simple design decision like this makes the device more convenient for more people. (No cost to anyone.) This is a mobile device, after all, and is used in many ways the truest, best.

In fact, the real problem for me is that the back of the phone is entirely curved - there's a "flat spot", so it just rocks. Maybe that's why the iPhone went flat curve? However, in the hand is fine, but on a surface (like when I'm at work) is not.

This is just my opinion, so please take it as that. I agree with the user above when I say, is a cell phone and a desktop keyboard. You should be using it as such. Do you have a problem typing on the keyboard while the phone is in your hands? If so, then perhaps a phone with an onscreen keyboard is not for you. You may want to buy a phone with built-in keyboard next time.

The Explorer is not just a cell phone, and is not intended as such. If it were, then it is more serious-spec'd. I work in an office. I contain my employer make available laptop is writing docs. My personal phone pings to say I have a text. I have read the text and write a response. With the phone on the desk. Why take? There is no need. I can multi-finger type of phone on the desk, or could, if not rock from side to side. That's all I'm saying. It's a great phone if you are out and about, holding the phone. On a flat surface or desk, so good. Only a small change would require production of the shell to correct it. Product improvement and all that stuff. But it's just my judgment. Nothing more, nothing less. For the record, I'm not a technophobe, but I'm not a technophile. A phone or smart phones, is a tool to carry out tasks that is all and in general, Explorer does very well.