Thread: Cannot use WIFI in BlackBerry Torch 9860

Cannot use WIFI in BlackBerry Torch 9860

I have recently purchased BlackBerry Torch 9860mobile phone and in my blackberry device I have activated internet as I get some special offers from my network provider. Now problem is that in my home I have internet connection with wireless router which I normally use to connect my laptop. Whenever I try to connect my mobile phone with WIFI router and then when I start browsing fr0om my phone at that time it uses my data plan only instead of using WIFI.

How to fix this issue?

Re: Cannot use WIFI in BlackBerry Torch 9860

I have gone through your problem and as you have said that you are not able to use the internet using WIFI connection and that is why I would like to suggest you that you have to check that whether you have connected your BlackBerry Torch 9860 with your WIFI connection or not.

I wall also suggest you the same if you have not connected the BlackBerry Torch 9860 WIFI properly with your wireless internet connection then also this type of problem can take place. first I will suggest you check whether in your BlackBerry Torch 9860 the WIFI indicator is has turned bright white or not. If it is not turned on the bright white then it means your mobile phone is not connected with your WIFI router and that is why you are facing this problem. if this is a case then you have to first go to the WIFI setting or wireless setting in your mobile phone and after that you have to check whether all the setting is proper or not. You have to also check whether the network name which you have types is correct or not. if the network Is not correct then you will not able to use the WIFI . First check all this thing it will help you to detect the exact problem.

if any extra information needed then let me know.

Have you tried to connect your BlackBerry Torch 9860 mobile phone with any other wireless router? if ou have not tried to connect with other router then you should first check with other router and then see whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you don’t get the same problem then I think problem is with your router and if you get the same problem then problem is with your BlackBerry Torch 9860.

Similar thing happen with me also and after that I have deleted all the saved wireless network from my blackberry device and then I have restart the device and then when I tried to connect the internet through WIFI at that time it worked fine. I think you should also try this solution.

I have gone though all the wireless setting in my mobile phone and there was nothing wrong with the setting and network name was also ok. Now after that I have deleted all the networks from my mobile phone and after that I have restart the phone and then when I connect the mobile again at that time I get the same issue.

When I connect my mobile phone with different router at that time it gets connected properly. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

You have said that with the other router you are not facing any problem with your BlackBerry Torch 9860 and that is why the problem is with your router only and according to me you have to reset your router and after resetting the router try to establish the connection again.

To reset the router you have to do following procedure.

• First turn on the router.
    • after turning on the router you have to press the reset button with the help of the pin.
    • now after that your router will get reset and then you have to connect the mobile phone with router.
    • check whether your problem get solved or not.

If above tricks does not help you to solve this issue then you should visit the blackberry service center and then you have to discussed about your problem in service center and then your problem will gets solved. 

I just wanna share the same problem I'm facing now. Just got my new 9860 a few days ago. I can surf internet using my carrier. But when I connect wifi, error came out "Unable to connect to server". I made a few screen shots.
    [IMG]F:\BlackBerry\pictures\ScreenShot_2011-11-01_13-40-47_by_s4bb.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]F:\BlackBerry\pictures\ScreenShot_2011-11-01_13-38-19_by_s4bb.jpg[/IMG]
    Can anyone please help me on this problem?

Thanks.