Thread: After mango Release had Compass error

After mango Release had Compass error

I am not confident if the subsequent is a problem with the firmware update or Compass Sensor api for the Samsung F.I formed the compass app following the steps at: When I execute the application and standardize the compass, I turn it bit by bit 360 degrees. At a definite point while I am rotating it, the line denotes magnetic north moves radically above the ten degrees that is the dissimilarity between accurate north and magnetic north where I live. The I Stated an additional method, the factual north line for all time points in the accurate direction as I turn around the cell phone on a flat exterior gone from metal. That’s why Most of the instance the magnetic north row points in the accurate location too. But when the accurate headline is between 0 to 10 degrees, then the magnetic headline fluctuates flanked by either 0 degrees or the range 246 to 255 degrees.

Re: After mango Release had Compass error

Usually the problems cook down to firmware upgrade. I cannot talk confidently on Samsung devices but I do be acquainted with that for other producer we are dreadfully waiting for the firmware update to utilize the Gyro and Compass functions. In other words, the demos applications do not work for me but it come into view that you gone more than I have with your compass application since your code has detected the machine and preceding to procedure the data. One advance suggestion (you may be conscious previously, please defense the redundancy) you should influence the Motion properties in view of the fact that the Compass output is extremely exacting about horizontal alignment.

I desire to verify that later than updating to Zune and Mango RTM did download the LG update (my examination phone is the LG C900) which enabled my Compass mechanism. I was talented to replicate the Compass demo that you orientation in your note devoid of any detectable issues (at any rate from my perspective). I do think that the key to my achievement was the LG update which occurred with no any interference on my part (I had searched the LG bring up to date throughout the Beta phase but had no chance). Expect this helps you to narrow down your troubleshooting choices.

I have some troubles with my device which is HTC HD7 (no branding, no SIM-lock, Germany provider: O2). Initially of the entire it crashes very frequently, but I possibly have established an answer by having deleted all "HTC specific" applications from it. Will notice...besides, concerning the compass and motion sensor, I must say they equally were functioning on Beta 2 of Mango (which I obtain authoritatively via Microsoft Connect) .Now, because I have restructured to RTM both do not work any longer.
    The application "Windows Phone Info" has shown under sensors that compass motion API and API is supported, but now it shows mutually as not maintained. That application uses really the SDK's Boolean flags to decide the device condition.