Thread: Samsung Galaxy R screen shuts off during call

Samsung Galaxy R screen shuts off during call

I am using the Samsung Galaxy R from last few months and I really love this because of its features. There is just one problem that I am facing with this and need to get it resolved. I will be really happy if someone ca n help me with this. So here the problem goes….whenever I make a call from that then screen shuts off automatically and once this happens then I a m not amble ‘to make use of the key pad or turn on the speaker. I am searching for some way to turn this thing off manually. Please help.

Re: Samsung Galaxy R screen shuts off during call

Many of the times the timeout setting for the phone gets reset and this might be the reason for the issue that you are getting. So just go to the settings and make sure that the Timeout for backlight is set to the desired time of yours. For that you will have to go to the Settings -> Display -> Screen Timeout. I hope this will be helpful to you.

I would like to tell you that there is one sensor within your device. If you put that in front of your face then the screen will turn off auto0matically and this is just to avoid unwanted clicks on the phone. But as soon as you move that away from your phone then the screen will be unlocked automatically. This is the reason that the screen is getting locked while making calls.

Yes this is because of the sensors and you cannot change that settings as far as I know. This is for your convenient. If you want to something while calling then you can simply move your phone from your ear and then do whatever you want.

Don’t you have manual for this. Just take a look at the settings section from there and you will surely get something to avoid this. This will be the best source to get the answer for this. Can somebody tell me that what should I use in order to protect the files from viewing others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar@dot View Post
    Don’t you have manual for this. Just take a look at the settings section from there and you will surely get something to avoid this. This will be the best source to get the answer for this. Can somebody tell me that what should I use in order to protect the files from viewing others.
    If you wish to lock the phone to protect data then you can choose as the added security to your mobile phone, get a password that will unlock screen when you access after sleep mode when the screen is off. This is especially interesting if you lose your phone, or falls by a certain time in the wrong hands or hands involved, which nobody can enter without knowing your password, pin or movement pattern to unlock it.

To add a password or screen unlock pattern, follow these steps:
    1. From the main screen, press MENU, and then click Settings.
    2. Scroll down the screen and then click Security> Lock screen.
    3. Choose from standard, pin or password.
    4. The pattern will be a certain move you have to do with his finger on the screen, pin 4-digit number chosen by you and the password for that, also a password chosen by you.
    5. If you choose the pattern, follow the prompts. When prompted, record the pattern unlock screen.

We must get used to lock the screen after using the mobile Usually, the mobile, you can add a code - like a PIN - that is activated each standby your phone. This type of protection is effective, but in the long run it is a bit tedious to type the four digits to block the screen. On Android, you have the ability to block the screen with a pattern (a pattern for short). Thus, in reproducing the shape of the screen, you'll be able to unlock it. It's convenient and fast.

You can set your smartphone to require a password or PIN every time you want to use. To set up your smart phone with a password or PIN, follow these steps.
    1. From the Home screen, go to Menu.
    2. Open Settings.
    3. Select Location and safety.
    4. Select Set lock.
    5. Select one of the following:
    6. PIN: Select this option if you want to use a numerical code to lock and unlock your smartphone.
    7. Password: Select this option if you want to use a word you type to lock and unlock your smartphone.
    8. Type the PIN or password you want.
    9. Click on Continue.
    10. Confirm your PIN or password.
    11. Finally press OK.

There are many of the software available on internet and if you search for that then you will surely get a lot of them. Some are paid and some are free. You can pick whichever you want.