Thread: Very poor GPS performance with Samsung Galaxy R

Very poor GPS performance with Samsung Galaxy R

Hello friends, I was very happy with my Samsung Galaxy R by the time I didn’t got this. Actually I found that the GPS performance with the Samsung Galaxy R is constantly poor. I have also seen that there are many post regarding this issue but none explained the way to get out of this. If someone of you is having any idea that how this can be done then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Very poor GPS performance with Samsung Galaxy R

This is not only you who is with this problem. Thre are also many of the other users who are having the same problem but still no solution for this. I am also searching for the same . I hope that samsung will pay attention over this issue and will fix this issue.

I know that the GPS performance with the Samsung Galaxy R is very poor. As you probably already know, this variation does not carry the chip Orion Exynos but nVidia Tegra 2. The double-architecture for its heart is clocked at 1 GHz and supported by 1 GB of RAM. The touch screen is slightly smaller with 19.4-inch S-LCD technology and a WVGA resolution (480 x 800 pixels). It shall have many a front camera of 1.3 megapixels, and a back camera of 5 megapixels with a flash that can record video in HD (720p).

You can contact to the service provider that you are using and ask them about this. If the problem is from their side then they will let you know the reason as well as the solution for this problem.

I know that this is not what you are expecnting from the replies but as tehre are some of the users who even don’t know that what is the GPS, and for them I am posting this. The GPS (Global Positioning System: Global Positioning System) or NAVSTAR-GPS [1] is a global navigation satellite system (GNSS) that determines the world the position of an object, person, vehicle or a ship, with an accuracy up to centimeters (when using differential GPS); usually a few meters of accuracy. The system was developed, installed and currently operated by the Department of Defense United States.

Just try by putting the settings for the GPS to default and see if that ca n help you to get the issue solved.

For the connectivity, the R supports Bluetooth 3.0, GPS / A-GPS, 3G (21Mbps downstream and 5.76Mbps upload), WiFi (a / b / g / n) with Wi-Fi and DLNA Direct (All share). For storage, it has 8 GB of internal memory (with 1GB dedicated system Android) and a slot for microSD cards. It measures 12.5 cm in height, 6.6 cm wide and 0.95 cm thick, and weighs 135 grams (battery included 1650 mAh). The version of the operating system is installed Android Gingerbread (2.3.4) with the interface TouchWiz 3.0.

You can do the firmware update to the latest version of nit available and see if that can improve the performance of the system.