Thread: Not able to send text messages to multiple people from Samsung Galaxy R

Not able to send text messages to multiple people from Samsung Galaxy R

I have recently bought Samsung Galaxy R and I am liking it as well and it is working quite well but the only problem that I have came across with this is that when I am sending a text message to multiple people or a group then they are receiving it as a mms and I was not knowing it till the actually showed me the message that I had sent and I was charged for this all well. I don’t know what the problem is because when I am sending it to only one people than it gets well. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about it and can help me out? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to send text messages to multiple people from Samsung Galaxy R

Even I am facing the same problem I had done the below steps:

Click on the message icon on the screen>compose new message>Group button and then I had selected multiple contacts from a group that I had created before and which has 9 people and then I had clicked on add and then I got a message where it said "Converting to multimedia message." I have confirmed from my friend that they are getting mms instead of getting a normal text message. I have recently upgraded to the Froyo as well but I don’t think that it will make any difference.

I was facing the same problem before but now I have got a setting to restricts sending MMS, if you want then you can try it out:
    • Just go to the Messaging>Menu>Settings
    • And then navigate down to the Multimedia Message settings
    • Select the Creation Mode.
    • After that you will get 3 options (Restricted, Warning, Free)
    • Just select the Restricted to stop the MMS

And then check that if you are solving it out, I was able to send a normal text message to my friend after doing this.

Yes you can try the above solution but then if that does not help then you can try to delete the MMS-APN which is provided by your service provider. In order to do so just go in to the Home > Menu > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names and there you will find 2 APNs and then delete the MMS the name may differ to something else so you will have to make sure that it is for the mms but I will suggest you to do this on your risk even though I am quite sure that it will work.

Yes you can try the above solution but then if that does not help then you can try to delete the MMS-APN which is provided by your service provider. In order to do so just go in to the Home > Menu > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names and there you will find 2 APNs and then delete the MMS the name may differ to something else so you will have to make sure that it is for the mms but I will suggest you to do this on your risk even though I am quite sure that it will work.
    I Don't think that it is any kind of problem related to the network I think that there must be some kind of settings to work around as far as I know the Text messages are limited to 160 characters where as an mms is capable of holding much more than it I mean in the form of kb and when a normal text messages crosses the limit then it get changed in to the mms and even though it saves your money as you will have to pay more if the message is not converted in to the mms and frankly speaking I have been doing the same because it is better to cross the limit of text messages which I think is more than 460 or 480 letters for which you will be charged 4 times a single message where as if you send it as and mms then you will pay for 1 mms which is low as compared to 4 messages on almost all the network.

I have done a lot of research and I have found that if you cross the limit of 3 messages that is 480 characters then the messages are converted in to the mms automatically but then I think that the limit may differ for different service provider I mean it can be 3*160 or 4*160 and when you do not cross the limit of it then you will be able to send it as a normal text message and it won’t differ if you send it to multiple people as well just check it out by sending a message within the limit and then send it by crossing the limit of the character and see if you are having the same case.

Hey thanks for the reply your search was pretty helpful I was having the same case actually I had sent multiple messages to my friend which was a forwarded one so I did not checked whether it is out of range and that is why it was converted in to the mms and I had sent only some letters in a message to my brother to check out because of which he was getting it as a normal text message only but now I got the idea about where I was wrong. Thanks again.

I am having the same kind of problem with my Samsung Galaxy R but not exactly the same actually I have not sent any long messages by now so I have not yet came across this issue but my problem is that when I am sending a normal text message to a single person then they it shows me message sent and the other side they receive it as well but then when I am sending the same message to multiple person at a time then it says message sending failed and I have been facing this every time I have tried to do so. I don’t think that this is any kind of network problem as I am able to send single messages without any problem. Is there anyone who has faced problem like this before and has an idea about the same.