Thread: Is the Bootloader Locked on MOTOROLA Atrix 2?

Is the Bootloader Locked on MOTOROLA Atrix 2?

Hello friends, I want to know that the Bootloader which is there on the phone is been locked or it is been unlocked. I want the information about the MOTOROLA Atrix 2 and does the Bootloader on that phone will be locked or not. Kindly give me some information about it. Is the Bootloader comes locked does we have to lock it. Kindly give yours answer. Thanking you all in advance for the answer you will give me.

Re: Is the Bootloader Locked on MOTOROLA Atrix 2?

The Bootloader of the MOTOROLA Atrix 2 is locked. So when you purchase the phone then the Bootloader of the phone will be locked so you have to worry about it.

Thank you very much for your response. I can ask, and if you can respond at all, why block the boot loader to the successor, the boot loader of his predecessor was locked by the company? Definitely know the forums and Atrix many users do not like Blur and prefer custom ROM CM. Is it a Motorola problem for people (I think it is not more than 5% of all users who in reality personalize your Atrix) to go with your choice? I like the Atrix latest to the screen, to the speaker (the best of AT & T phones), still for the potential to uninstall the bloatware AT & T away of the box (without root privileges), other than the blur, without switching to AOSP is a dealbreaker for me. Thank you.

The boot loader was never officially Atrix 4G unlock power. The only device that at present has a mechanism to unlock the boot loader is the official XOOM.