Thread: XML database performing slow in windows phone 7

XML database performing slow in windows phone 7

I have a easy database which is xml modeled later than the several tutorial .The trouble is that - at any rate in the emulator - the data loads actually bit by bit with 600 to 900 entries. Has somebody reported related troubles with this mode of loading data, and if so is there a improved (ie. more rapidly) method of doing this? Thanks in advance..

Re: XML database performing slow in windows phone 7

I be acquainted with that there are a hardly any projects out there intended to supply basic database functionality onto the cell phone. Here is one more that you might desire to make sure out: for myself I haven't played around with them a lot, but I have heard several instructions from others users where you might decide to load the primary ten or fifty elements just so you have somewhat to inhabit your UI with, then fire off a employee thread in the background that can load the outstanding ‘450 to 950’ records for the customer to entrance. (Or do them in chunks of hundred at an occasion, etc.)There are also several differences in how the emulator performs vs. a genuine device so a few of this might modify when you attempt it on a genuine device.

I'm not certain how either of those Databases work, on the other hand they are probably layered over Isolated Storage, which isn't that speedy, and will be slower on several devices against others (dissimilar admission speeds for the SD storage space, etc). So my primary guess would be that. I don't be acquainted with if those Databases are pulling the complete file in at load, which could be a difficulty. Jonathan's background thread point is also a superior one if you can administer the concurrency.

How do you experience about Dan's explanation in response to the expectations of this manufactured goods in that post write relying on SQLITE? I have to acknowledge it's made me anxious to put together on top of it on the source that it could be a time sinks if there are tribulations discovered later.