Thread: Motorola Atrix 2 showing message “there is a problem with the clock on this device”

Motorola Atrix 2 showing message “there is a problem with the clock on this device”

I have recently bought this device I was so impressed by this device that I forget the fun that I use to have with my old iPhone this android base phone has everything that I needed. Actually, I'm very impressed with the phone, and I like it even more if I might solve this frustrating issue. I've been having problem getting my things likesocial network to synchronize, it is not uncommon in most cases, but then decided I would delete all my accounts related to the phone. Like Facebook, etc, Twitter and when I do this, tells me that is the removal of the account, but then gives me an error saying there is a problem with the clock on this device I tried switching off the phone and then restating , no fortune, and yes my the usual thing that everybody which I also did does take away the battery and SIM card and see if that resolve something, and once more without achievement. So I am here asking for help. Any suggestion for solution

PS I am using AT&T carrier

Re: Motorola Atrix 2 showing message “there is a problem with the clock on this device”

Even I was also facing the same problem such a nice phone which has this kind of problem in fact I also have the problem of unable to set up my email account cant say whether this both problem is related but I certainly like to know the solution for this problem really appreciating that

Thanks

Re: Motorola Atrix 2 showing message “there is a problem with the clock on this device”

No I don’t have any suggestion for this problem but all I can suggest is to hared reset your phone I know it is the extreme measure but I can see that is only avail solution at the moment I don’t have Motorola Atrix 2 but I have never came across such problem hope someone here can able to solve it pretty soon

Quote Originally Posted by Kevalkumar View Post
    I tried switching off the phone and then restating , no fortune, and yes my the usual thing that everybody which I also did does take away the battery and SIM card and see if that resolve something, and once more without achievement. So I am here asking for help. Any suggestion for solution

PS I am using AT&T carrier
    As you said that you have remove the SIM out I want to know how long I mean did you kept the SIM out for serval minute because it is very necessary to reset your connection to the nearby tower and including that you also need to check the time setting in the menu as you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
    No I don’t have any suggestion for this problem but all I can suggest is to hared reset your phone I know it is the extreme measure but I can see that is only avail solution at the moment I don’t have Motorola Atrix 2 but I have never came across such problem hope someone here can able to solve it pretty soon
    I am kind of worried using the full reset as I am not the big fan of it any way Thanks for reply I appreciate that
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    As you said that you have remove the SIM out I want to know how long I mean did you kept the SIM out for serval minute because it is very necessary to reset your connection to the nearby tower and including that you also need to check the time setting in the menu as you never know
    Yeah I have ket the SIM out for some time like about the 5 to 10 minute .and also checked the time in menu setting working fine still no solution please help me get through this

Hey can you answer this question as I need to know what exactly the problem is this probably I would able to provide you with the solution
    1. When did you got your SIM from AT&T?
    2. Did you register your IMEI through AT&T?
    3. Is your time under the menu the settings and then on Date and time Is Automatic checked?
    4. do you capable to manually put the time?
    5. What is the present date and time on your handset?
    6. Just try to keep your phone in Airplane mode for the time being and then take it out so it can re-connect to the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjan1990 View Post
    Hey can you answer this question as I need to know what exactly the problem is this probably I would able to provide you with the solution
    1. When did you got your SIM from AT&T?
    2. Did you register your IMEI through AT&T?
    3. Is your time under the menu the settings and then on Date and time Is Automatic checked?
    4. do you capable to manually put the time?
    5. What is the present date and time on your handset?
    6. Just try to keep your phone in Airplane mode for the time being and then take it out so it can re-connect to the tower.
    Well

1. I got my SIM Monday October 17th it's at the time I buy the handset
    2. Yes I did resisted my IMEI and also confirmed it
    3. Yes it is checked and I also unchecked it still the same
    4. Yes I am able to put the time manually
    5. That date and time currently showing correct as per standard central
    6. Did that but no positive result

I have given you the data that you asked for does it help full

Look like to have a lot of strange problems. I'm not sure if the shop missed something in the settings or what is happening.

You could try a reset or you might have to return to the store and get it replaced.

If you are going to delete all accounts, it is probably easier and cleaner to just restart the phone.

Although, interestingly enough, today I tried again, just out of chance, and took both the Facebook and CorporateSync, I was very happy only to have both told me that he had problems again, only a few hours later, like the first time that all came about. And this afternoon, in fact about two hours ago, so tonight, I was an event, so naturally, I checked my phone to see what time it was and gave me something like 7:52 pm, was right, so I left the event a few minutes later and walked back to my room I’m a college student and I met a friend, needless to say I went to see my phone and would not start I know the battery was full and it was bit wet, I am cautious with my telephone and I had see simply on the phone a little minutes previously and had seen the strength of the battery. So I went back to my room, and begin to inspecting the phone try everything like power button, plug in the charger still no solution , so then went and take the battery for about 20 seconds and again place it back in, and turned on again. Not certain what to imagine regarding all this. Will keep updating

I would recommend a reset as well. What you could do before the reset. Give a call from ATT, and make sure the IMEI of the phone is registered properly and let the rest look over the configuration of your account. I wonder if the store representative rushed a bit in its configuration.

Code:
     Menu> Settings> Privacy> Factory data reset.
    No need to do the same with the memory card if you have one just the phone You may want to back up your list of applications with an application called Dragon application and backup SMS and possibly some call logs before restarting. There are some useful applications for this in Android Market.

Well I did done everything but nothing helped so I did use my last opting I called the AT&T store and told all my problem and they then tried but still was unsuccessful and I was ten handed over with the new device which now works great thanks to every one for help and input It's very much appreciated thanks