Thread: How to unlock Samsung galaxy s screen forgotten password

How to unlock Samsung galaxy s screen forgotten password

I have Samsung galaxy s and I had entered a pattern for locking the screen so that others cannot use my phone. However, I don’t know why it is not getting unlocked, I am quite sure that I am entering the right pattern but it’s not working. I have tried rebooting my phone several times but that’s not making any difference. I cannot access anything within my phone. I want to know if there is any master pattern to unlock it. If not than what will I have to do to unlock it? Any idea?

Re: How to unlock Samsung galaxy s screen forgotten password

Try doing a hard reset and see if that helps.

• Switch off your phone, take out the battery, reinsert it, Hold Volume Down button, and press and release Power button at the same time
    • Once you get a menu with Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock fast boot options than select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    • Now Press and release the Power button again and confirm your decision by pressing Volume Up button.
    • Your phone will reboot now and it will get restored to factory state.

I also wanted to add that all data including third-party applications will get deleted from your phone. So if you are not having any issue with than then you can go ahead with the above steps.

Isn’t there a way to get rid of this lock without losing anything??? Actually there are some important images and files in my phones. I had forgotten to back them up and I can’t afford to lose them. Let me know if there is any other option out there for me??

As far as I am aware there is no master pattern or something like that for unlocking Samsung galaxy s screen lock. If you are not willing to try hard reset than I will suggest you to visit nearest Samsung service center and get your phone checked. The might be aware of some trick to unlock such locks without losing any data in your phone. I don’t think there is any other option left for you.

Just Google out “how to unlock samsung galaxy s (too many pattern attempts) “ and check out its video on youtube. They have explained a trick for unlocking pattern lock screen. You have to enter wrong pattern for about 20 times and enter Username and password that might be associated with your phone. Once you do that your phone will get unlocked and you will be asked to input a new pattern, hope that helps.

Yes above trick works, I had got my phone locked last week and I was running in to same situation. I was not having any crucial information in my phone so I had tried restoring my phone to factory state. Doing hard reset as mentioned above had helped me out but I wish I could have come across the above trick, I would have lost data. I am quite sure that it works as I have crossed checked it by entering wrong unlock pattern 20 times. Just try it out and let me know if you have any issue further, best of luck.