Thread: How to overclock csl Spice Mi-410

How to overclock csl Spice Mi-410

I have recently bought a Spice Mi-410 and now I am looking forward to customize it to over clock it to 1.4 ghz and currently I am using the rooted official stock version of 2.3 so I just wanted to know that is it possible to do so and if it is possible then what are the steps to do do. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to overclock csl Spice Mi-410

I will like to inform you that yes it is possible to do so and for this you will have to extract the ramdisk from the boot.img ion your phone and then create a new one and you will have to use the DoomKernel's kernel for this. Just follow the below steps:

• Firstly extract the boot.img in your phone by putting it in the download mode and then just copy the boot.img file from the fih/image folder.
    • Then go through this and then unpack the boot.img and after doing that just copy the boot-ramdisk.gz in some other folder or create one and then copy it there.
    • After that just Download the DoomKernel
    • After downloading it Extract the boot.img from the zip file and then follow the above link in order to extract the DoomKernel-####-kernel and DoomKernel-####-ramdisk.gz. and after you get them just Copy the DoomKernel-####-kernel in same folder.
    • And then follow the above link in order to pack the boot.img.
    • And then for packing you might have to change the arguments for eg “./mkbootimg --kernel DoomKernel-####-kernel --ramdisk boot-ramdisk.gz --cmdline "console=ttyMSM1 androidboot.hardware=qcom" --base 0x00200000 --pagesize 4096 --output boot.img”
    • And then make the required changes in the command for your phone and then open the DoomKernel.zip and then create a new boot.img and then replace the existing boot.img. and then you will be able to flash this update using the CWM recovery. Hope that helps.

I will try to perform the above steps one by one and will let you know once it is done but the question that is in mind now is that is it really a good choice to flash the this update using the CWM recovery I mean that I have seen very less people recommending it and I have also heard that it might result in some problems so I just wanted to know that is it really so or it works well. I mean that have you ever use it by yourself and have and good idea about it I really don’t want to take any risk so I just wanted to confirm that should I use the CWM recovery or I can have some other option if it is there. Any further help will be appreciated.

I will try to perform the above steps one by one and will let you know once it is done but the question that is in mind now is that is it really a good choice to flash the this update using the CWM recovery I mean that I have seen very less people recommending it and I have also heard that it might result in some problems so I just wanted to know that is it really so or it works well. I mean that have you ever use it by yourself and have and good idea about it I really don’t want to take any risk so I just wanted to confirm that should I use the CWM recovery or I can have some other option if it is there. Any further help will be appreciated.
    I will like to inform you that flashing a boot.img which is made for another ROM is really not a good choice to help you in detail I will like to share that there are specific init.rc commands and specific binary files as well as specific services for each of the ROM and these are used to set the device during the booting process for that specific rom and these files are in ramdisk.gz and I have found out that flashing DoomKernel.zip works well with stock GB roms but then I am not sure that it does the same for every rom and as far as I have came across and I have found is that the Andro-ID was build using the official GB rom so it will work well with it so I think that the steps that has been specified above by the user will definitely work only if you have not customized your kernel extensively. Hope I have cleared your doubts.

Yes even I agree with you and I will also suggest you to use the DoomKernel from CWM on stock and I am sure that you will not have any problem and I am sure because I have been using the same from a long time and I have not yet faced any problem till now and I will also like to inform you that using the same I have managed to get the 1.7ghz and that too without a single interruption but then I found that it is not recommended and now I am getting up to 1.4ghz.I will say that the above post is technically true so I will also say that the DoomKernel works on Stock WellCom and you can also use it at 1.4ghz without any kind of problems. Just try it out best of luck as well.

Hey thanks for the solution I have performed the solution properly and I have also used the DoomKernel from CWM on stock and yes you all were right it really works and that too without any problem and any kind of overheating an all I was really doubting it till I actually was able to perform it myself and now I am really happy to setcpu to 1.4ghz and more as well but then I think I won’t take the risk for trying out for 1.7ghz -1.8ghz even though it is likely to be possible and lastly I am really thankful to all of you for your help.

Even I have a question here and it is that I wanted to know that will can we use the DoomKernel for the other phones as well I mean for the phones for eg MSM8255. I have heard that it is possible to do so but then I am not much sure about it I mean I have came across a forum where someone has specified that we can do so by porting phone of different specification and class. So I just wanted to confirm it form you all whether if it is true or not and I also wanted to know that what is the benefit if miui for overclocking I mean I have heard that it works well as compared to the other common android and I was really think of trying it out so should I try it or not? Any suggestion will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Even I have a question here and it is that I wanted to know that will can we use the DoomKernel for the other phones as well I mean for the phones for eg MSM8255. I have heard that it is possible to do so but then I am not much sure about it I mean I have came across a forum where someone has specified that we can do so by porting phone of different specification and class. So I just wanted to confirm it form you all whether if it is true or not and I also wanted to know that what is the benefit if miui for overclocking I mean I have heard that it works well as compared to the other common android and I was really think of trying it out so should I try it or not? Any suggestion will be appreciated and thanks in advance.
    I think that I have an answer for you and it is no, it is really not possible to do so I mean you cannot just port the phones as they are of different classes and specifications as well and I will also inform you that you really can’t flash it but if you really want to try it out then I think that you can port the phone with the help of its kernel source but then keep in mind that every different device has different kernel source but I really wont recommend to do so because I have not yet tried the same nor I have came across anyone who have tried it.

I will say that don’t try miui for overclocking and I am saying these because I have myself tried it and I am also using the MIUI Rom from the day it was released but I am not facing any kind of problem with this and it does not even lag or hang anytime but then I don’t like it because it is having lesser ram I mean that it is just 512 mb which is really less as compared to the RC2 and I have also find that the RC2 gives a better battery backup as well. I am using this but I am actually not satisfied with it and trust me I am just waiting for a CyanogenMod ROM to release and as soon as it releases I will switch to it. If you still think that it will be better than you can very well try it out and find yourself.

Yes even I am facing problem with the MIUI Rom I have found that the phone reboot itself on its own and I have also found that the camera and the wifi are also not working well I mean that the phone is sometimes not able to detect the wifi connection even though I am in a range close to the router. I am really thinking of using RC2 because I have found that it works better and my friend is also using the same and I have checked the difference by comparing my phone with his.