Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 30-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 127
How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6

I have recently bought a Huawei Ideos X6 and everything I fine with the phone the only thing I want to change the booting animation of the stock rom of csl's is there a way to do so I mean I have tried the possible solution that I could have but then I was not able to change it. Is there anyone who has an idea about changing it and can help me out as well. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,811
Re: How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6

As far as I know it is possible to do so what you have to do is you will have to overwrite the bootanimation.zip in your phone I mean firstly you will have to get a other bootanimation.zip which you are willing to add and then you will have to overwrite the bootanimation.zip to the /system/media and incase if you are not getting the bootanimation.zip to the /system/media then I will suggest you to search for /hidden/data/power-on-animation and then copy the bootanimation.zip there and then reboot the phone and then check if you have changed it successfully and if not then let me know what are you getting so I could help you further but first try out the above steps.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 127
Re: How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6

I have tried following the above step but then I am not able to change it successfully, I have downloaded a new bootanimation.zip for my phone in order to overwrite the existing one as you have specified but then pasted new bootanimation.zip in the bootanimation.zip in the /system/media and then following your further instruction I pasted the new bootanimation.zip in the /hidden/data/power-on-animation and then when I rebooted the phone then I was not getting anything which seemed like that have changed and I was getting the same stock original ANDROID logo I think that the solution is not working or I am missing any steps or location. Any further help will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,606
Re: How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6

Quote:
I have tried following the above step but then I am not able to change it successfully, I have downloaded a new bootanimation.zip for my phone in order to overwrite the existing one as you have specified but then pasted new bootanimation.zip in the bootanimation.zip in the /system/media and then following your further instruction I pasted the new bootanimation.zip in the /hidden/data/power-on-animation and then when I rebooted the phone then I was not getting anything which seemed like that have changed and I was getting the same stock original ANDROID logo I think that the solution is not working or I am missing any steps or location. Any further help will be appreciated.
I think that I can help you here what I will suggest you is just paste the bootanimation.zip in the /system/media and you don?t have to paste it in both the location and the above solution is right I mean it is clearly specified that if you are not getting the /system/media then only you have to paste it in the /hidden/data/power-on-animation.

So now just overwrite the bootanimation.zip in the /system/media and then while booting it will search for this file and then will change the booting animation respectively but then if it is not able to find it then only it will use the default bootanimation.zip so make sure that you put it in the proper folder and then proceed. Just try it out and then let me know if it was helpful for you to change the booting animation or not and if not then note the problem that you are facing and then let me know so I can help you further.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 105
Re: How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6

Hey I am willing to change the creepy csl sound I mean that I want to customize it but then I don?t have much idea about this process and I don?t know which folder I have to use. So if you have an idea about the same then please help me out as well and I also wanted to know that what all type of audio file it will support? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,337
Re: How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6

Quote:
Hey I am willing to change the creepy csl sound I mean that I want to customize it but then I don?t have much idea about this process and I don?t know which folder I have to use. So if you have an idea about the same then please help me out as well and I also wanted to know that what all type of audio file it will support? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.


I have changed that in my phone so you can just follow the steps that I had followed before. I had used the root explorer in order to navigate to the hidden/data/power-onsound/ and then I was able to view the existing csl sound file in the sd card so I just overwrited it with the new csl sound file that I had downloaded and if you want you can also save the existing csl sound file somewhere if incase you want to have it and I will like to inform you that you can use the .wav or the .mp3 file and it is really fine if you don?t change the name of it and directly use it. Just try it out and let me know if it works for you. Best of luck
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 138
Re: How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6

I also need some help now actually I am not able to navigate to the Power-on sound for the I mean I am not getting it in the Wellcom stock actually I have by mistakenly deleted the splash screen and I have found that I am able to overwrite the boot animation file which is in the hidden/data/power-on-animation but then I am not able to find the sound file. Which I have seen previously and it appeared to be at the same place but now after rebooting I don?t know where has it gone. I have also tried to use the Root Explorer as well but even then I am not able to locate it .The other thing that I have tried is that I have just inserted abc in the build.prop file in order to get rid of the sound only and I have found that it is makes the boot animation silent but then I have now found that I am not getting the boot animation as well but then there is no problem with the phone further but then is there a way to change it out.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,658
Re: How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6

Just follow the following steps:
  • Copy a sound folder to the /hidden/data/power-onsound
  • In case you don?t have it as you are saying than create one in the /hidden/data/power-onsound
  • And then it should work and if it does not then it will automatically use the default one.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31-10-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 138
Re: How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6

Quote:
Just follow the following steps:
Copy a sound folder to the /hidden/data/power-onsound
In case you don?t have it as you are saying than create one in the /hidden/data/power-onsound
And then it should work and if it does not then it will automatically use the default one.
Hey I am really thankful to your solution because it has really worked for me I was just trying to solve this by other solutions and I thought that that we are not allowed to create any folder like this but then when I tried your solution I was able to get it work.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "How to Change Boot animation in Huawei Ideos X6"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to change the Boot up animation of Samsung Transform Ultra Aneat Portable Devices 7 03-12-2011 10:33 PM
How to change the Boot animation in LG Thrill 4G Kuhuk Portable Devices 4 04-11-2011 10:24 PM
How to change the installation locations in Huawei Ideos S7 1bal Portable Devices 5 09-07-2011 08:47 PM
Change boot animation in Windows 7 Assasin boy Operating Systems 5 11-09-2010 03:03 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:01 PM.