Thread: Unable to sync Motorola atrix 2 with media link

Unable to sync Motorola atrix 2 with media link

Hi, I am having Motorola atrix 2, which I have purchased quite recently but still that’s the only thing making me wonder as the mobile is having trouble with syncing through the software called media link. I have tried my best in order to get the phone connected with my machine but still having problem, don’t know what could be the problem, I am just stumped over here.

Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to sync Motorola atrix 2 with media link

I would like to recommend you that pull your Notification bar down and tell me what USB setting your phone is at present in?

Secondly you should make sure whether you are making use of Motorola original USB cable? Because I used to recommend only Motorola original accessories while doing any such functions with the phone because other accessories may cause such problems.

And please let me know whether you are connecting mobile directly to the PC or through any hub? Because it is also recommended that you should connect it directly to the PC and not through hubs.

Quite annoying really, because I am using the cable that the phone came with, and am plugging directly into my computer. When I connected the mobile I got several modes and among them I have selected the mass storage setting and that is while it says 'connecting'. But when set to Motorola phone portal nothing happens, in short still getting the same problem even after using original accessories. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions but still is there any left yet?

have you tried connecting the mobile with another machine apart from yours? If not then I would like to suggest you that you should try that as well to ensure that there isn't possibly an issue with your computer.

I think the software that you have mentioned that’s the media link might have been causing problem with the machine and that’s why you must be having problem with syncing the phone. Anyways have you ever tried to reinstall that software again in your machine? If not then I would like to suggest you that you should try to reinstall the same software again and the attempt the same thing and see whether the results varies or not.

And if suppose you are still pursuing the same problem then you can simply download the software again from the internet and then install that one instead the one you are having, because it might be possible that the software you have has some problem.

are you are sure that the firmware which is running in your phone is working perfectly, because see if you are getting any problem with the phone’s firmware then you should try to get it reset and see you are able to sync it or not, but make sure you have backup all the data from your phone so that you can recover it whenever it is necessary. And if suppose you are still getting the same problem I think firmware reinstallation is the only way left over here to get the phone connected with your computer.

Down Re: Unable to sync Motorola atrix 2 with media link

Interesting. I was just on chat with Motorola and they said Media Link is does not support Atrix 2. They told me to just back up stuff by using it as a mass storage device. It does work that way, but I know now why I could not get the Media Link to work. I don't know why it is in the manual if it does not work.