Thread: Need help in upgrading Spice Mi-410

Need help in upgrading Spice Mi-410

I have recently got Spice Mi-410 and now I am willing to update the current froyo to gingerbread and I just want to get the latest update of the gingerbread so I just wanted to know the steps that I have to carry out and I also wanted to know that how do we froyo to gingerbread because currently I am getting up to 16 fps which I think is low and what is the overclocking method in order to increase the quality of the camcorder because I think that I am not getting the desired quality. Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: Need help in upgrading Spice Mi-410

I will suggest you to upgrade your phone to the official 2.3 rom and you can download the .rar file on your computer from the mediafire website and then just follow the following steps:
    • After downloading the rar file just unrar it and then you will get a .nb0 file
    • After you unrar it then connect your phone to the computer and then just copy the file to the root of your sd card.
    • After that disconnect the phone from your computer and then turn it off
    • Then switch on the phone in the download mode and in order to do that when your phone is vibrating while getting on then just press and hold the volume up and down key at the same time.
    • If you do it in the right way then you will get a exclamation symbol with a android lobo.
    • After that just press the home button and then using the volume key navigate to the press the home button which I think will be the last option at the bottom.
    • Now you will have to use the back as in this mode the back key works as the selection key so just select it and then press the back key.
    • It will ask you with yes or no so just use the back key and then select the yes option and then in some minutes it will get installed.

Hey even I wanted to upgrade my Spice Mi-410 and I was following the above solution and I made sure that I am not missing any steps but then I go the following error:

“Enter ITEM_NBP_SD_DOWNLOAD
    Battery capacity is 51%
    Please do not remove SD card and battery or it would cause unrecoverable damage to device!!
    Enter launch_image_update
    Fail to open SDCARD:firmware.nb0
    Some error during preparing
    The update package may be not correct or corrupted!
    Please reboot to OS and try again or ask for technical support.”

What should I do know ??

“Enter ITEM_NBP_SD_DOWNLOAD
    Battery capacity is 51%
    Please do not remove SD card and battery or it would cause unrecoverable damage to device!!
    Enter launch_image_update
    Fail to open SDCARD:firmware.nb0
    Some error during preparing
    The update package may be not correct or corrupted!
    Please reboot to OS and try again or ask for technical support.”
    Even I have faced this error when I was trying the same but then I was able to solve it so I will like to inform you that this problem is because you might not have downloaded the nb0 file and I think that you will have to download it again and you will have to run the whole process again and it will be better if you get the phone completely charged and then try out this solution because I have heard that if this process gets interrupted then it can be very harmful and you might also get your phone bricked.

I have checked that the Nb0 file is downloaded well and I am still getting the same error and I will like to inform you that I have also tried to update it using different nb0 file and as far as I remember it was for csl mi 410 but then I was getting the same error. I am really not able to detect where the actual problem is and I don’t think that I have also missed any steps so far and I have completed all the steps respectively . Any further help will be appreciated.

If you are facing such problem even after using different Nb0 file then I will suggest you to go to the mediafire website and then download the software update tool and make sure that it is the latest and then after you download it then install it and then run it and then follow the instructions and then follow the instruction respectively and then when you reach the last step where it says you to go to the download mode then just switch off your phone and then follow the above instruction of going in to the download mode and then when you get the android symbol on the screen with the question mark then just connect you phone again to the computer and then the software update tool will recognize your phone and then just follow the instructions and after you are done with it then just reboot your phone and then you phone will be upgraded. Hope that helps.

Hey I have updated my phone successfully by following the above solution but then I wanted to know that what will be the new features from the updated firmware and I am really thanks for the solution and I also wanted to know about the overclocking method in order to increase the fps of my camera as I told you that I think that I am not getting proper fps. Really thanks to all for helping me till here.

I think that I can help you with some information, after you have updated to the 2.3 then you will get java 6 environmental build application support which means that you can use almost all of the apps of java but I will also like to inform you that you will have also get some applications with the update that you won’t like so you can also delete those applications by using the Root Uninstaller and using this you can also root your phone and get better capabilities of a android phone but I am sorry to say that I don’t know the overclocking method for increasing the fps of the camera by now and I think that I will have to search for it.

Even I have upgraded to the 2.3 and I think that it is not working better for me because I have noticed the following:
    • When I am locking the screen then it is taking longer time than it used to take with the previous version.
    • It even takes more time to open the lock screen and the camera as well.