Thread: Jerky playback with audio in MOTOROLA ATRIX 2

Jerky playback with audio in MOTOROLA ATRIX 2

Hi, I am having MOTOROLA ATRIX 2 in which I think gingerbread is running but still the thing that I am not getting is like why I am getting jerky video playback with the audio, though I have converted it but still as the extent to I know the format in which I have converted them is quite known to the phone rather compatible with the phone.

Anyways just let me know which video format does the phone supports so that I can have idea about the further conversion. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Jerky playback with audio in MOTOROLA ATRIX 2

Though there could be so many reasons associated causing such problem to the phone, and thus It is quite difficult to figure out what could be the exact fact that causing such problem. But still the thing that made me wonder is like why you have just converted those videos? Because at the extent to I know gingerbread supports almost each and every kind of videos in the mobile. Thus I would like to suggest you that if you are unaware about the video format compatibility I would like to suggest you that you should try to play the same videos without converting to the phone and see whether you are getting same output or what?

are you have this problem with particular videos only or with almost each and every video, because if this is happening with almost all videos that means surely there could be some problem with the phone’s firmware which you are running and you must have to sort it would or else you’ll get the same output until you get it resolved.

make sure whether the software that you are using for converting the files I working perfectly or not, and I am sure this is quite difficult to figure out but still you should try to reinstall it at least for once and then see whether they are causing any such problem or not. You can try to convert other videos as well and then see how they are giving playback with the phone so that you can understand whether the software is working or not.

And you can have another options as well like there are so many converts are available for downloading thus you should make use of that as well.

Have you ever tried resetting the firmware of the phone, because after seeing your query the only thing I came to know about the problem is like you must be having problem with the firmware itself. Thus according to me you should first of all try with the firmware resetting and I hope you must be aware about the process I have suggested but still let me tell you again.

There are two different ways that you can try for sure one after another, you should first try with the soft resetting, and if suppose you are still getting the same result then you can have option to make a hard resetting to the phone which will wiped out everything from the phone and you’ll be able to get the factory setting and the data, thus I you wanted to save any such important data then you should make a backup copy first and then only proceed with this procedure.

Try to convert those file again in the phone and then see what happens because it might be possible that the file could not be converted perfectly and that’s why they are giving such problem.

I am agreeing the above user as you should try to reset the firmware first but still if you are willing to that then you can have another option as well over here to reinstall the same firmware and that you can if you are not getting the rid out of your mobile. And I am quite sure about the reinstalling the firmware as the phone will get the newer OS thus all the previous glitches will fixed.

You should also make sure whether the player that you are using is also working perfectly or not because the thing is like though you have very good video file but they would be unsupported rather unplayable until you got the player working again. But as mentioned above if you reset the firmware you’ll get the player also been reset thus I think almost the problem will be vanished for sure.

But still if suppose you are making use of any other application for playing this videos than you should also make sure whether the application that you are using is also working perfectly, because problem with the application can also cause such issue with the video playback. As far as I know there are so many players available for download from the android market.

Yeah I have experienced the same problem progressively as of now the video file that I have captured was also causing problem. In other words the video file, once stripped of the audio, did not seem to have the frame jumps. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I think better idea would be to visit the service center and get the newer firmware for the mobile because after seeing your above comment I can surely say that there is some problem with the firmware itself rather than any other thing, and still as I am also unsure about the warranty terms and conditions thus again here as well better option would be to visit the service center because I have heard that updating the firmware by our self can void the warranty period of the phone. And after all it seems that you must be having phone with warranty period remaining isn’t it? If you have the warranty period remain then you’ll get all such service for free of cost.