Thread: SD Card won't connect Via USB in MOTOROLA ATRIX 2

SD Card won't connect Via USB in MOTOROLA ATRIX 2

Hi, I am a Motorola atrix 2 user which is running android operating system, and everything was working fine but since last three days I am having issue with the SD Card as whenever I try to connect the mobile with the USB mass storage mode it just won’t connect to the machine. Any idea what could be the problem with the phone because I have started getting this problem only before few days thus I am not able to figure out what could the problem with the phone. Anyways any suggestion for resolving this issue will be surely esteemed.

Re: SD Card won't connect Via USB in MOTOROLA ATRIX 2

have you tried to connect the phone with another mode rather than then USB mode? Are you having problem only with the USB mode?

Assuming as you must be having problem with all the mode I would like to suggest you that you should try to make sure whether you the ports that you are trying to access is working or not rather check whether they are enabled from the device manager and if you get it disable than you should try to get it enable from there only and then ensure again whether the results varies or not.

Have you installed the software rather PC suit that we need to have installed in the machine in order to get the phone detected. Thus make sure whether you have installed any such software or not, and if no then you should first of all try to install that and then see whether you are getting the same problem or not. And if you have already installed it then ensure that it is working or not, and if you are not getting whether software is working or not better option here would be to get the software reinstalled in the machine, because there isn’t any problem installing it again, in fact it may resolve your issue.

Have you installed the software rather PC suit that we need to have installed in the machine in order to get the phone detected.
    though I am agree with the above user but still there isn’t ant any need of having any such software in order to connect the phone in mass storage or with the USB mode, but still that could be one of the good option thus you can always try with it.

Anyways my recommendation is to reset the firmware of your phone because it seems that there s surely some problem with the phone because, see if there could be any problem with the PC then it should even recognized the phone in any mode but here as per you explanation you are getting problem only with the USB mode isn’t it? Thus you can try to reset the firmware of your phone and then see whether you’re getting the same problem or not.

(NOTE: before proceeding towards resetting the firmware you should make sure you have taken back of important data because after resetting the phone all the data will be wiped out and you’ll get the factory data)

Yeah Exactly, that’s the only thing which made me confused actually as the phone only not getting recognized through the USB mode but with other mode it is getting detected perfectly. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.

if resetting the phone doesn’t help you can try to reinstall the whole firmware as well in the phone, and off course please consider the note mentioned above here too.

I think there could be some hardware problem in the phone as the phone might not be recognizing the SD card from the USB mode. And I think this is something serious problem with the phone and you should get some solution as soon as possible because the actual thing is like if you make use of the phone this way can cause various other problem with the phone. In addition, here that’s why I would like to suggest you that you should try to visit the service center. I know there are several possible way through which you can get solution for the same but still as far as replacement of particular hardware is concerned service center is always a good because from there only you’ll get the original hardware back to the phone and you’ll get warranty as well for that particular hardware.