Thread: Data usage in Motorola Atrix

Data usage in Motorola Atrix

I was the iPhone user for some time , heard lot about the Android phone so thought give it a try for a change so I have bought this Android based phone Motorola Atrix 2 I like that phone very much all the featured that phone has I actually liked it but there is one thing that worries me well I am worry about the processor that is contently keep running will it has any impact on the data usage as I am very much into social networking and I don’t want to be my bill jacked up to some crazy amount so does anyone here can help me out to solve this problem I would be really glad thanks

Re: Data usage in Motorola Atrix

You do not talk about what sort of data plan you have .I be acquainted with AT & T has a few applications and features that permit you to control the utilization of data. There are also 3rd party apps on the market that the data from the track and can turn off the data when you get close to its limit.

I propose you try monitoring data for a day or a week and then work out the monthly outcome. sample of all usage data is dissimilar, and even complex on what you do, there is no alternate for actual statistics collection.

I am using the app named droidstats which help me to keep track on my date usage and keeps it under control the best app I recommend you to make use of that app you will be perfectly fine for more info Google the app name

i contain a 2 gigabyte plan, I by no means go near my maximum value with my iPhone however the iPhone closes apps as soon as u way out them. im worried about things running in the background and eating up my data. i have a task killer but it doesnt seem to be working, i can go into my operational tasks and Facebook, etc are yet successively.

I recommend not to use the task . You can manage data in your setting. Android does not require to close the apps. Widgets consume data however there are settings to organize how regularly they sync.

3G watchdog is one more good app to manage your data. as well, you be able to put your social apps to update merely when on Wi-Fi and reduce your data usage that method additionally. And by the way , I have the whole thing on all the occasion, Facebook, twitter, linkedin, picassa, yahoo, gmail, exchange email active GPS/latitude always going on, use tethering etc. In toting up I over and over again have the Wi-Fi off due to the problem with car Bluetooth which I frequently not remember to turn back on at home. And by means of all that, I am forever in the region of 1GB. So I don't consider you should worry.