Thread: Connection with USB causes deletion of stuff like wallpapers, themes in Motorola Atrix

Connection with USB causes deletion of stuff like wallpapers, themes in Motorola Atrix

guys wanted to know of some issue. Please assist.
    It was Noticed now at this time that after linking to my PC laptop (Win7 OS) by means of USB cable and choosing the "charge only" selection, that late after unplugging the phone, my launcher widgets, themes, and certain apps I had saved to the SD card. I had to go reverse to the Market and re-download all of them, and insert the launcher themes. Similar to be on the phone previous to linking to the PC. Someone have any suggestion why that would take away those things? Present a method to keep away from having to go through this next instance? The similar issues were on my ATRIX 4G, as I would attach to the PC and upon detach, the apps and other things were departed

Re: Connection with USB causes deletion of stuff like wallpapers, themes in Motorola Atrix

I consider it has to perform with Android unmounting the SD card when USB connects.... it must not do this by means of charge only, but possibly it does for a second as it is reading the alternatives. This action seems to only have an effect on items that have shortcuts and widgets on the screen - as I know it. The Atrix 2 has numerous GB for app storage space. Why do you wish for a store apps on SD? I have rather a hardly any apps and still have 4GB vacant for app storage space.

Re: Connection with USB causes deletion of stuff like wallpapers, themes in Motorola Atrix

I assume I possibly will accumulate the information on the built-in internal storage space, and it would be okay. I immediately haven't tried that to decide the removal of the shortcuts and Widgets. I'll give that a view, and hopefully that'll solve the topic. I guess I required the garbage stuff (apps, Widgets, etc.) stored in the SD card to stay the phone's storage space position free. I'm a bit anxious, and still more so inexpert concerning android phones as I'm coming from cripple iPhones.
    Thanks for the reply.

The "install to SD" alternative was found to running out of phone memory. As the Atrix 2 has 4.5GB dedicated to app storage space this can be supposed to not be an problem. A number of additional phones (Moto and other brands) had a genuine lack of memory for app installs - but as this handset doesn't experience from that, I would keep away from installing to SD card. I have had Android mobile phone for some days, and I never had to install to SD card.
    Let us know how you make out.

I discover that installing to the SD card causes added issues than it’s worth. You cannot install live wallpapers, widgets and extra apps to the SD card with no problems. As Alpha has declared the Atrix 2 has a great deal other room for apps at this time so I keep them each and every one on it. No troubles so far plus I still have a vast quantity of room for new. I only install to the internal storage space. There is a way to select this as default storage place, as in the initial ATRIX model.

I remember moving more than a few apps and launcher scrap to the SD card, previous to linking to the PC by means of USB. May be that's why it 'ate' my stuff. I noticed from the ATRIX 2 and the ATRIX 4G that at what time of linking to the PC, it will just show things stored within the internal storage on the cell phone. similar to, when I seem at the phone while connected, it will illustrate things like "problem loading widget" if it’s running from the launcher stored on the SD card, or apps that were aggravated to SD card' won't appear on the screen until I disconnect, and generally they explain back up, but occasionally not...It's strange, and I actually don't quite identify with it all. This is my initial Moto phone, and first Android OS phone, so any insight and/or suggestions is particularly appreciated.

While you connect the phone to a PC and want anything but charge only it will unmount your SD card so the PC can understand it. However as the card is now unmounted the phone cannot utilize the SD card until you unplug the phone from your PC. My friend’s opinion about this is that it makes ideal sense, as to why the phone simply views stuff being stored within the on-board storage some sources say that is supposed to be the default. I can simply be familiar by means of of my Samsung sidekick doing it with no information. The app called Apps to SD must give you an idea about if a few are on your card and allow you move them back too.