Thread: What features you want to see in windows phone 7 Tango

What features you want to see in windows phone 7 Tango

I have heard that there will be after the success of the mango there will be a new version of it and it is likely to be called as tango even though it sounds a bit weird I think that it is a good name so I just wanted to know that what are the features you will be expecting in the tango I mean the features that you have missed in the mango and the features you think can make this phone better. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: What features you want to see in windows phone 7 Tango

I am very well aware of the mango but I am not yet aware of the tango I think that I will have to do a little research on it and if its is about the expected feature than I think that there should be Real turn by turn navigation and I will really expect integrate ovi maps in the phone this time and I also want to work them on the notification system and make it simple as well. I wish that if there could be a voice command when you don’t have any notification I mean it should say that you don’t have any more notification and the application switching menu should also be Simple and it should be accessible from anywhere as well without any problem not like what we are facing in the current windows phone 7

I expect the following:
    • Real turn by turn.
    • Custom SMS with email tones
    • Some more choices of color for the tiles
    • Custom background images for the start screen or a slider type
    • Google talk getting integrated into the messaging applications
    • Ability of sync with multiple google calendars
    • Skype with some easier skydrive navigation as well.

I think that the following are the must and they should be added if they are really planning to come up with the tango:
    • There should be some More IM services or a choice to add the willing one.
    • The lock screen should be accessible by the third-party applications as well.
    • There should be a Group/folder option for the home screen
    • SkyDrive applications and Skype Integration should be there
    • There should be Social network access for Zune as well
    • There should be Customisation for the default music player
    • There should be voice command for simple actions
    • We should be able to add other social networks in People Hub as well.

I think that the skype will be added in the next update of the mango and I also expect them to add some of our expectations in their update itself then adding it in their new product “tango” but I really think that we should have customization for the background on start screen as well as for the custom alert tones I really find a need for it and even I want to see the Google integration and the voice command to perform certain simple commands is really a good idea to be considered and I think that voice to the text will be pretty much interesting as if they are now added in some latest phones and I also expect to have the ability of getting all carrier to the Visual Voicemail and I also want them to make the third party applications available for us for e.g the Netflix and the Hulu applications.

I expect the following ones:
    • IE should have tab buttons on the main screen rather than having then in the menu
    • It should show the top rated applications in the marketplace in special section
    • I think that there should be Enable push/toast notifications for the Facebook and the Twitter notifications from the Me Tile.
    • There should be skype integration and zune pass as well
    • There should be a feature to send the OTA updates through the phone itself without using the desktop zune software.
    • There should be customization so we could create ringtones as per our choice form the Music hub
    • There should also be some customization for the sound of , sms, mms, emails and the notification
    • There should be a paypal facility for the applications that we want to but from the marketplace.

I really want them to add the google talk support in the messaging hub and yes there should be customization for the tile and the homescreen wallpaper and the background and I really expect then to add support for the popular streaming for video files. There should be a enterprise support for the server sync for the corporate mails and all and there should be a toast notification for the emails we received, a java support will be much better and the calendar and the live-title should have more events and the voice to text should be there because it will be really a interesting feature if the add it. I also expect documentation sync using the zune.

I wish that the following things will be there:
    • A Customized app menu with columns and Groups.
    • The Google plus should be added in the people hub
    • There should be a USB Storage mode as well
    • There should be customization for the ringtones and the background displays
    • The Text should reflow in the internet explorer
    • There should be multiple home screen and the icons should be resizable.

I want the following:
    • The Email should be grouped by the email senders respectively
    • The Video settings should be capable of saving themselves on exit than going in to the to vga settings and saving them.
    • The bing search should be made better.
    • We should be allowed to create custom folders in the picture hub
    • There should be Customization for the alerts and email tones
    • There should be a option to download the html automatically from an email
    • We should be Able to attach saved office files to the email want to send.
    • The texting and the messaging should not be limited to 160 characters.

I think that the Custom Hubs will be better but I really don’t find a need for Resizable tiles and I think that their default size is the best according to the phone there is no use of making it customize but I really expect to have customizable sound for the email and then messages or the emails and there should be international support for the Bing goodies as well but I think that it would be better if the add then in the mango itself by their update.

I think want them to allow us to download and update our applications through the zune and I will like to have integration of other musical media with the zune and it should be able to find my xbox live friends from my contact list which is a big problem in the mango and I also want them to enable the ADC and the MMS configuration within the operating system itself and there should be nokia ovi maps as well and we should have a feature where we could store the maps and then use them offline as well.